Heavy/Scratch: My take on Ptitvite Devastator - Nov 13th update

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Napjr, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My take on Ptitvite Devastator - Jan 2009 update

Yeah it seems to be the new trend :p 

So anyway, I'm working kinda on budget here and also with the near to
    impossible to find parts down here, i had to reutilizes some pieces from old unfinished projects... like the torso of my MP Star Saber and the Baricade i was turning into E. Hot Spot

The waist got remolded with SS details, i used some spare parts from Primus to get better detail... at least until i can find extra Unicron pieces in the future). The center piece needs detail. All the connections joints were made with different Energon PL blocks (all of em came from the unfinished Defense), as well Binnacle & Shifters

As for the individual figures, not much changes respect the original figures. I'm gonna sculpt G1-sque heads for each one once the construction is done

Mixmaster has gotten the most work yet, i found a $1 generic truck that fitted on the legs, the cement barrel came from another cheap truck that i found by accident. Originally it had a pull back rotor for it and the little balls would spin. Also, i had to put the front tires on a rotating base (with the PL ports on the knees), to allow the toes to transform, but thanks to that, Devvie gets extra support on leg mode.

For Bonecrusher, I'm still working on his transformation, but is pretty much like Wedge anyway. Used extra Grimlock´s treads, the waist from Hightower for the shoulders and Energon Steamhammer legs. I still need to find a shovel piece

Head will be casted later from my Supreme Starscream, i need to buy rubber and resin first...

Finally, i need to find Hightower crane, Demolisher needs a roof (although i think i could scratch build one)

Edit: Just in case for those who don´t know, this kitbash is inspired by Ptitvite original :bowdown: 
    Update Sept 25th: Chest plate pretty much done, attached with a Bionicle connector

Knees with better detail, both using Primus cannons

That head is used for the mean time until i can make a rubber mold and recast it

Also, i added some pics of the different connectors for those who wanted to know :) 

Finally, a comparison pic with my Menasor

Update Nov 13th:

A quick update

First time i compare him to an Unicron, i though it wasnt so big...

Mixmaster 90% done: I had to change the cab, the original was made of very poor quality and had troubles working with it. I still need to add the front tires but overall is pretty much done. Also i need to repair the left knee peg wich broke when i was taking these pics (damn!)

Long Haul 90% done: Needs minor paint detail & his roof (wich i still need to buy)

Scavenger almost done: Minor detailing left

Bonecrusher almost done: Minor detailing. I love this fella!

Scrapper 95% done: Needs some detailing, wheel fixing and improve his gun (wich acts as a stabilizer in leg mode)

Hook 50 % done: He needs the most work before painting, like detailing, some way to attach the cab in combined mode wich doesnt affect that much the gestalt head, as well buying the crane

Devastator connectors 60% done: I still need to make some adjustements to the legs before painting, with detailing. Same goes for the torax connector

Forearms for the most part are done, i decided to add some weapons for each, like a shovel piece for Scavenger & Drills for Bonecrusher. Also he got treads for each one so they can be moved in vehicle mode

The head was made with a SS Starscream recast i made, added some details to make it similar to the G1 figure

Finally im waiting for Ptitvite recasted pieces to arrive on the mail

January 2009 UPDATE!!!

Figure is pretty much done, still need to paint minor details

But i wont take a full photoshoot until i can find a Hook crane & Bonecrusher little roof thingy :( 

The red visor is removable but im not fully satisfied with the end result, i might buy later a repro Ptitivite head

I got also a new Barricade and i might rework Mixmaster later

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

looks great so far. good to see something a little bit different. cant wait to see updates!

3. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

I'm digging that Mixmaster, proportions look great as well. This looks very promising.

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    very nice man but I have to ask whos that standing next to him in the combined mode pic? the one with the Sideburn arm not Acid Storm lol

5. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    GOOD LORD MAN EAT THOSE ICE CREAM DOTS NOM NOM NOM

LOL seriously though, looking great thus far. I'll be keeping my eyes on this one. :) 

- Alty

6. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats just my unfinished RiD Menasor :) 

[​IMG]

7. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

Pretty Cool!!! :D 

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

why????????? *cries a thousand tears of sorrow*

9. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Looks good

10. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:

After many years working on him between projects, i felt it was going nowhere, also i made several bad choices for pieces and such...

I dunno, i might do a scratch build V-Jet later (Saber is still there unchanged)

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nap, you know I'm thrilled to see you working on customs (or at least posting them here) again! REDLINE and I were both talking about your MP Star Saber this week and how we both really want to see you make it still. Also, you MUST finish that Menasor!

. . . or should I just pm you my shipping address? :lol 

This piece is looking great and I know it will turn out awesome since you're on the job :) 

It's amazing the amount of inspiration Ptitvite has given to the community with his Devastator. There have been so many nice customs of this piece. Radicons FTW!

Keep up the good work, buddy! :thumb 

12. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:

That´s very true, i remember when i first saw his WIP pics earlier this year, while being alone on a town working and with limited internet access once a week (No TV nor phone either) and drooling :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: 

Weeks later, i decided to buy the needed pieces and start doing mine months later. Saddly living in Mexico its not cheap to get those $5-10 Unicrons or Primus from ebay (when taking shipping into account), so that was the main reason i had to reuse the parts i had

That and i got an incomplete Black Unicron wich i always wanted... and i didnt had the guts to use it for parts...

13. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

It's too early to tell how it'll come out, but I really like how you bulked up RID Wedge. The lack of hands is a little troubling, but he looks much better, and size-appropriate

14. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Coolies!!...nice to see something from you again Nap!! :thumb 

Looking forward to the fin.

15. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    New pics :) 

16. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Thanks for the new pics Napjr,they're a big help.

17. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

I see a bunch of different connectors all over...some bionicle, some transformers. Which ones do you like the best? What are the ones used to connect the arm to wedge...I'm not sure I recognize that one. All in all, Great job! He looks a lot taller than the one I did.

18. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Super cool! I'm glad you figured out how to connect Long Haul..It's freakin close to what I did.
    By looking at the torso, it seems yours is taller than mine..right?
    That SS head..meh ...even repainted, it's still Starscream to me but does not take alot of mods to make big changes on it tho.
    BTW, did ya break Unicron's crotch right panel? If there is something broken, LMK.
    Thanks alot for the credit and I'm glad that I inspired you.

19. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, basically i glued an energon connector to the flip/down panel for the heads. On hook, i changed the orignal gestalt piece and replace it with Steamhammer arm

Thanks to you man! You inspired a whole generation of kitbashers :bay 

I dont think the torso is taller than yours, i saw your reference pics with the different connectors and its pretty similar, i think my ab piece is slighty skinner than yours

As for the crotch pieces, yeah everything was broken (because i was doing another kitbash with it before, sanded and remolded...)

20. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just a quick update guys
    Mixmaster 90% done
    Long Haul 90% done
    Scavenger done
    Bonecrusher 95% done
    Scrapper 95% done
    Hook 50 % done
    Devastator connectors 60% done
    I still need to paint the weathering detail and dirt for each member. Also im in the lookout for Hook Crane & Long Haul roof
    Also im waiting for Ptitvite recasted pieces to arrive on the mail :) 
    Ill post some pics of Mixmaster & Bonecrusher tomorrow