Heavy/Scratch: my take on megatron arms

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by siralan500, Jul 31, 2009.

1. siralan500

siralan500 Member

so here my take on meg arms ..both arms bend and i made a double hand claw thing out of both hands 07 megs and 09 megs...needs to be painted still not even close to done just wanted to show what i came up with any help or suggestions would be great with painting or further modes to any of my transformers
    also to get a better look of what im working on.. check out my youtube vids at
    YouTube - siralan500's Channel

Attached Files:

2. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Good job dude! That looks much better!

3. siralan500

siralan500 Member

thank you man

4. hunterelf

hunterelf Decepticon

just what i needed !!!!
    thanks so much !!!

5. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Ouch, the problem with customizing figures like this is that one has to go out and buy another figure and using it for scraps. Like your Megatron's arm for example, as you've mentioned in your video, needs Bumblebee's arm. Can't bring myself to buy an expensive figure just to get its arm or whatever. But thanks for the video tutorial. Reminds me not to customize my figures unless I'm willing to sacrifice some other figures.

6. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Very clean modding on this one. :) 

I know what you mean, I had to cannibalize a TFTM 1 LC Prime for parts on my ROTF Prime. It kinda feels impractical just scrapping toys like that but it's okay if you can find broken/unwanted ones at cheap prices. I got a spare LC Prime for just a little over $12 local equivalent, had a broken smokestack and was used for practice painting.

What's nice is that I was able to get more parts of it than I originally intended. I might also be able to use one of the balljoints for my brother's ROTF Megs arm mods. If you are going into customizing TFs you will eventually find uses for your scrap bots. :) 

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ that's so true mampy, so true. Hmm... The ball joints you mentioned, would they be from the ankles of tftm1 prime? Now on topic, this mod looks awesome!I think I've got a spare BB laying around to use like this. Thanks much forthe idea!