Minor/Repaint: My Take on Classics Sunstorm

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Chaos Convoy, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Here's my take on a version of Classics Sunstorm. I know a lot of people who are repainting the seekers are going for a G1-accurate interpretation. But I wanted to do something a little more unique than that. So I decided to make Sunstorm as if he was part of the new line, with completely different "paint ops" than his e-Hobby G1 self. So, he's got new detaling on his wings , and lower legs and a few different details here and there. I didn't want him to just be a straight-up pallet-swap of Starscream. Nor did I want him to be yellow like Hasbro seems to think he's supposed to be.

Also, in the first pic, there's a slightly improved Starscream..I basically just added red onto a few places on his chest where it was just left silver, and I put a little bit of a wash on his nipples.......I mean "chest turbines." I also painted his face silver.

Anyway, here're the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have an extra Starscream left that I was gonna turn into Thundercracker. I'm considering holding off on that in case Hasbro does end up making one themselves, though. So in lieu of that, I'm thinking about making "Harold" (see here for an explanation: http://www.geocities.com/regenesis0/jets/ Scroll down a bit and you'll find him) since he was one of the only other Seekers to have a speaking part that wasn't one of the main 3 originals.

Anyway, lemme know what y'all think! About Sunstorm AND your opinions on "Thundercracker or Harold."

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That looks very nice.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I believe I like that man. Its not want I wanna do for mine (soon as I get done with two other projects) but I still like it!

4. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Chaos Convoy, those markings really are inspired, I really love those sweeping curves of the darker Orange. Fantastic.

And I look forward to seeing your take onf Classics Harold. Lavender for the win.

5. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

6. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

It's nice. Not what I normally think when I think Sunstorm but nice. More like the G1 reissue repaint.

7. Chaos Convoy

News Credits:
    Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I was going for a more G1 reissue version than any other version of him. I never did like the yellow of all the others. Plus, yellow's a complete BITCH to paint with....not that orange is any better.

And thanks, drsyn! The designs just kinda came out that way. I didn't really go into the whole project knowing exactly how I wanted it to look. All I really did was think "hmm...what if I try...this?" and boom -- that's what I got.

And Thundercracker -- That Harold looks awesome! I see you dyed it, eh? Very nice. I wish I had the money to spend on reissues/originals so I could kitbash/repaint them too lol.

Anyway, thanks again everyone! Harold shall be coming up soon, hopefully. I'll hopefully get to work on it after I finish my Microman Link.

8. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Looks good, I like. But now I have the strangest craving for peaches...

9. Chaos Convoy

News Credits:
    I know, right? lol Everytime I see it, I think "mmm...peaches and cream"