2D Artwork: my take on arcee

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Valdric_gundam, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Valdric_gundam

Valdric_gundam Aes Sedai

well it was some time in the summer of 2007 when I was board and I had just found a very good picture of Arcee on the web, and I then decided to draw her, well in my opinion its not all that good... but hell It still has a special meaning to it.

Attached Files:

2. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Don't sell yourself short. A big part of getting better is exactly what you are doing, finding what you like and what you find to work and reproducing it. From what I can see you are showing an understanding on how the shadows work, specifically on such an oddly shaped form such as a transformer. Shadows are extremely difficult at first so don't be discouraged. The one thing I would sugguest is to take a good look at scale and proportion. Hands are very difficult, hell, I still can't get them right and I've been drawing since I could just barely clench a crayon in my fist to scribble on construction paper. A hand should roughly be the same size as one's face, yet not quite the same size as the head itself.

The line work is very good and the shadows are the strongest part. Keep up the good work :)