Minor/Repaint: My SWTF Goldbug with Jedi Spike Witwicky

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Massdestruction, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

Boy, had this one ready to show since February, but camera problems delayed me. But without further ado...

This is my SWTF Goldbug with Jedi Spike Witwicky.

When I first saw the Anakin Jedi Starfighter, I instantly thought it would make a good Bumblebee. I even did a digibash as Bumblebee and it looked pretty good. Though after creating my SWTF Megatron and Millennium Convoy, I decided that too much yellow would make it look cartoony and I was going for a more realistic look. Plus since Goldbug is a more battle ready version of Bumblebee, he would be a more likely "Jedi Knight/Master".

The head was sculpted using a epoxy copy of Movie FAB Optimus Prime's head. A little Mighty Putty here, a little sculpting there and Bingo, a Goldbug head. The gun is cut from the ship and altered but allows for the ALT mode to look like the original. I lightly used testors gold to give a textured metallic finish. Accents were done in yellow and black. The cockpit is painted black from the inside to allow for a more realistic glass look.

I used Anakin to make Jedi Spike. His outfit is based off the jumpsuit he wore in TFTM.

All in all I am happy with the way this bash came out.

Attached Files:

2. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it!

Nice simple concept!

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pretty cool, better than the original idea for that mold

4. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being a huge star wars fan, this it GREAT!

5. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

What a great idea, and even better, pulled off! Very nice man! Love that jumpsuit, it's pretty dead on!

6. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    Star Wars was always my favorite movies and I am a Big fan. It was also one of the first movies I had every seen, sence it came out when I was 4 yrs old. Also sence I was born the the same month and year script was written by George Lucas.

Nice work! One thing I would of changed though is to loose the R2-D2 figure and fill it in with green stuff or putty.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Neat idea!

8. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

I don't think that would work for me. I'm trying to keep it realistic to the Star Wars universe, and all the Jedi starfighters have R2 units. I could have repainted it to be a R2-D3 or some other color, but I liked the thought of R2-D2 being partnered with a gold robot. Though Goldbug is no whinny wimp like C3P0. He kicks Droid army butt.