My small Movie Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Nemesis200SX, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Nemesis200SX

Nemesis200SX Member

Hello

today I will show you ma small collection of movie transformers.

i was never interested in transformers as a child, but I really love the live action movies. Since I saw the first movie I love this robots, and I love the toys. I think for the designers the movie toys are the biggest challenge because vehicle and robot modes look very different and it's very interesting too see, how movie accurate some toys are.

I only buy the version of the robot which looks most movie accurate in my opinion, and thats not the biggest one every time. For example Human Alliance Sideswipe is very detailed, but i really don't like his big backpack. So I decided to buy Sidearm Sideswipe and did a (not professional) repaint. I also did a repaint on Voyager Ironhide, and added some more silver details. At the moment I paint every grey plastic on Optimus Prime to silver.

As I live in Austria, it is quite difficult to get the good ones. Only a small selection of Transformers was released here. So I collect my TF from all over the world.

ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (birthday present, Austria, everything startet with him)
    Human Alliance Bumblebee (ebay, Hong Kong)
    Human Alliance Jazz (ebay, Hong Kong)
    Tuner Skids (birthday present, Austria)
    Sidearm Sideswipe (birthday present, Austria)
    1. Movie Voyager Ironhide (ebay, Hong Kong)
    Human Alliance Roadbuster (Florida holiday, USA)
    Leader Sentinel Prime (Florida holiday, USA)
    Tuner Mudflap (Florida holiday, USA)
    Deluxe Crankcase (Florida holiday, USA)
    ROTF Jolt (Florida holiday, USA)
    Leader Starscream (TFW Forum, United Kingdom)
    Leader Brawl (TFW Forum, USA)
    Human Alliance Leadfoot (ebay, USA)
    Human Alliance Barricade (TFW Forum - never get it, ebay, Germany)
    Human Alliance Soundwave (christmas present, ebay, Malaysia)

now the pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you see I only have robots with a real existing vehicle mode. I don't like to have some fantasy vehicles in the middle of normal cars. That's why I don't have Shockwave although he has a real cool robot mode. And also i hope for a leader class DOTM Megatron in the future, because the Voyager class looks fine, but is too small. A badass like Megatron should be in the same class as Optimus.

Also I still try to convince my girlfriend to buy a glass case for the figures, because the space in the board is limited :) 

I will add some pics of the robot modes, the next time I transfrom all the guys... it takes quite long to do this :) 

2. Dark Neptune

Dark Neptune Autocon

ROTF Sideswipe aint bad in terms of movie accuracy either. In any other case your small collections looks sweet. I am a Movieverse fan myself, so I agree on the movie-accuracy issue. But come on, you HAVE to make an exception for Shockwave. Remember, the movie never showed off his alt-mode, so you have a very perfect excuse to leave him in Robot mode.

Also, I heard a DOTM Leader Megatron and Shockwave might be coming out next year, so who knows, look out for them!

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Definitely liking the vehicle mode display. More often than not, that's how I displayed my stuff when I was younger because well, I was always into cars & things.

... pretty jealous of the Soundwave, I am. :) 

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Gotta agree with Nomad on the vehicle display. If one has the room to display TFs in vehicle mode, it's often times really worth it :thumb 

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well also, it doesn't always need to take more space. Sometimes it can be quite efficient (such as the way it's done here or by mixing them with bot mode dudes), and it's also a cool way to show off their less appreciated & otherwise milked out forms.

6. Nemesis200SX

Nemesis200SX Member

yes I really love the HA soundwave. the legs are not so good, but the body looks great. Got him this christmas from my girlfriend. she swears to me it will be the last TF she bought me... we will see :) 

i transform all the guys every few weeks, and display them in different positions in bot mode. maybe i can get a showcase for them...

about shockwave and megatron... i am still thinking about them, but megatron must be a leader class. it would look stupid, if i have this large optimus truck and then the small megatron next to it. i really hope leader figure of DOTM megatron will come. and shockwave... yes... we will see :)  but he will deffinitly get a repaint. I don't like the purple parts.

7. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great collection! :)