My small, but growing collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Gouka, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Despite the size of my collection, I've been buying Transformers since the debut of Beast Wars (I believe that was around 1996? Please correct me if I'm wrong), but at the time I was only a child and naturally just wanted to play with them. Now that I have matured, I realize the fun in just collecting them. Unfortunately, back around 2000-2001, my family moved into a new house and many of my Transformers figures (mostly Beast Wars) were packed in boxes and put into a room in the basement. Well, one day we got a big storm and sadly, the pump in the basement stopped working during the storm and the basement flooded and destroyed 90% of my Beast Wars figures. After that I stopped buying Transformers untill late during Transformers Armada.

I still have a bunch of my Unicron Trilogy figures in my Dad's storage unit, but this is what I have in my room (I apologize for the clutter but it's the only shelving unit I got right now):

[​IMG]

My Animated Shelf, I'm aiming to get at least one of every mold in this line (Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader) with the exceptions of Voyager Megatron and Leader Bulkhead. (Missing from this shelf are Soundwave and Jazz)

[​IMG]

My Movie Shelf, including a few classics and Cybetron Megatron. Missing from this shelf are Universe Prowl and Universe Octane (Tankor):

[​IMG]

And Finally, the few Unicron Trilogy figures I do have out of Storage.

[​IMG]

I know it's a small collection, but it's slowly growing and is very special to me.

2. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    Very nice! And Nice PS3! :D  And is that a VCR :eek:  What I'd give to be able to watch some of my old VHS again.

Do you have problems with dust though? It looks like it'll be a hassle to clean every few weeks.

3. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. Yeah it's a VCR/DVD Combo, I have so many good movies on VHS that I don't want to buy again on DVD, so I just had to have a VCR.

It is a real pain in the a** to dust though, right after I took the pictures I had to take every figure off their shelf to dust them and the shelf itself.

4. defstar

defstar Autobot...

You have a great start there...you need some animated leaders next...

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, u can expand ur animated collection..also, arent u gonna get on the universe series?
    i really like classics 1.0 as well...i think u could get into the universe line ;) 

6. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I plan on getting Leader Megatron and Ultra Magnus.

I do like the Universe line, I recently purchased Prowl and Octane but didn't get a chance to include those in the pictures. Same goes for Animated Soundwave and Jazz. The Universe line is very good, although I unfortunately got a Prowl with the paint defect, but I keep him in robot mode anyway so you really can't tell.

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    if ur talking about the paint defect on prowl's doors, then i gotta say its pretty impossible to get one without....lol...i simply transformed mine without touching the doors, caaaarefully..and just left in him in robot mode..sad, that..bt better than having smudged doors :D 

yeah, the TFA leaders are great..u might want to mod megatron's legs, as theyre a bit hard to pose, IMO..also, some might disagree, but i prefer leader bulkhead over the voyager, purely because of the size, really...it seems wrong that bumblebee is as tall as bulkhead, when u watch the cartoon and see all the fun poked at BB coz of his lack of height..
    the universe ultras are also really awesome, especially onslaught..and hasbro has done a great take on G1 powerglide with this new figure...wat else? oh yeah, classics 1.0 or henkei.. probably my favorite line

8. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just gonna leave Prowl in robot mode and get a new one to keep MIB. I'm not picky about scale really, as long as Voyager Bulkhead and Lugnut are in scale (which...obviously they are) then it's good enough for me. I am starting to be persuaded every time I see the Headmaster gimmick.

I regret not taking advantage of the Classics 1.0 re-release back when the movie line was in a drought. Sometime this week I'm gonna go to walmart and get either:

A: Swoop, Sentinel and Sunstreaker
    B: Onslaught
    C: Blitzwing and a Deluxe
    D: Voyager Optimus and a deluxe

9. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    now there's a good point...voyager lugnut is pathetically undersized..very sad when next to a leader bulkhead..ah well

u seem to be going for a big haul this weekend, good luck finding wat ur looking for ;)  yeah, i missed the classics re-release too...was lucky to find cliffjumper, reissue soundwave and grimlock recently...other than that, the rest i had to get henkei versions (most of which i find better than hasbro)..i know its much more expensive in the US, but over here in singapore, its the same price as hasbro :D 

10. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got around $30 from selling a bunch of Yu-Gi-Oh cards I have accumulated a couple years ago so I'm definitely coming home with something. November 27th will be a good day since I will turn 18 and be able to get a decent job without going through the hassle of my school administration, then I can get my collection rolling at a much faster rate and get some of those nice Henkei figures. :) 

11. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Nice collection!

12. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you. :D 

Oh, and I doubt anyone noticed, but the white dot on Animated Starscream's head is a little painted AllSpark fragment.

13. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

sorry to hear about your Beast Wars stuff. I know what you mean about the dusting.
    It's a nice start. Its not too cluttered. Your collection has a very clean look to it. thanks for taking the pics-

14. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nice stuff you've got there! And I'm glad you could re-bound your hobby even after the basement flood. ^_^

15. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! It was hard to restart after that. I missed all of RID because of it.

Anyway, here are my newest additions:

[​IMG]

Soundwave, Jazz, Octane, and Prowl I've had for about a month but they weren't pictured. The Spychangers I got about a week ago, and Prime and Acid Storm I got last night. All are excellent figures. I love the classics Starscream mold so I can't wait to get Henkei Starscream now.

16. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Newest Addition from HasbroToyShop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Despite what I've read here on the boards, the card was in perfect condition (more so than the one's I've bought in stores) and the shipping was pretty fast. I ordered it on the 9th and got it on the 13th.

17. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    nice haul! growing indeed :D  i see u've done that mod on octane to hold his 'comb' on his back...how'd u do it? same as posted by peaugh?

18. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest I didn't mod him at all. It's kind of just sitting there. The wings are folded over it and the white buttflap is holding it up from the bottom. It's not securely attached, but for display purposes it works.

[​IMG]

19. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

Your collection looks much Much better than mine :) 

20. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    oh! thats pretty cool...im gonna try that :D