My sister and brother-in-law could use a lot of prayers right now.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boo, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    The whole family could, really.

I found out earlier today that Adrienne, my bro-in-law's sister, committed suicide late last night. I'm not sure exactly when, but the police showed up knocking on their door at around 3am in the morning.

She shot herself in the chest, apparently. This wasn't the first time she'd attempted it, I know of two others for sure, but there were probably more that I'm not aware of. Thankfully, i guess. I hessitate to say that any suicide attempt isn't serious, but the others certainly appeared to be more a cry for help & attention than actually about ending her life. Both times she overdosed on sleeping pills, once in the parking lot of the Emergency room where she then walked in and passed out, the other after already calling the police and knowing they were on the way. But this... well, obviously was much different. My sister went over to her appartment this morning [alone, not sure why she didn't have me go with her] and apparently Adrienne had letters written to her family and close friends along with her Navy uniform laid out [for her to be buried in] plus the names/phone numbers of the funeral home and cemetary, along with the number of several of her old police buddies [she's a former cop] that she wanted as pallbearers... she had the whole thing planned out.

I wasn't really all that close to her, but she and i are the only aunt & uncle that my sister's girls have. She was always a little strange, granted, but she was always a very nice pleasant person to be around. She and I are the Godparents of our oldest niece. When Amy and Tony first got married, even before that when they were really serious, Adrienne was around a lot. She seemed pretty well. But shortly after they got married she retired from the Navy and joined the Cleveland Police... after that she just went downhill. I don't know exacly what was wrong, but depression and hypocondria [sp?] among other things definitely seemed to play a part. She was always on some new medecine, or going to some new therapist. After about just 2, maybe 3 years on the force she retired from that and everything just... well. Everybody knew she had problems, but i guess nobody knew the extent till last night.

Tony, my bro-in-law is taking it the worst. I haven't been over my sister's to see them yet, going over in the morning, but from what Amy told me on the phone he's barely said a word all day. Amy's shaken up a lot herself, her and Adrienne had become fairly close, not best friends but close. She's been handling a lot of the funeral preparations, and stuff... kind of keeping her mind off of it, I guess. Tony's mom... well, I don't know, but I'm worried about her. A lot. Her and Adrienne have very similar personalities and I think she's struggled a lot with depression too. The girls, though... Emily's 7, she's old enough to understand, but nobody's quite sure what to tell her or whether to take her to the funeral or anything. Maddy turns on Friday [great birthday, huh? the day of your only Aunt's funeral...] and Giyanna is only 2 so i don't think either of them will understand...

Just... well, sorry for writing such a long post. Probably half of the stuff I shouldn't have even written, but it helps to get it out, I guess. I'm not all that close to her or upset, but I just can't get out of my mind thinking about it. I mean... what kind of pain, what could be going through your head that pulling the trigger and ending it all seems like the best option?

Just please, keep tthe family, especially Tony and his mom in your thoughts and prayers. It'll help a lot I'm sure.

2. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Damn, that's very fucked up.

I don't practice any religion, however, you have my condolences and I wish you and your family the best.

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I know how suicide can hurt a whole family. I hada cousin commit suicide by hanging himself in the garage, he wrote that he always felt like a freak (he had alot of body hair and was very self concious aout it). I was never really close to him, as he lived in Spain, but the shock was felt by all of us. You have my condolences and I hope the kids can understand at some point.

4. Boo

Ebay:
    Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it.

Fucked up sums the whole thing up about perfectly, honestly.

5. jet convoy

No problem, man. I can't imagine how horrible that shit must be.

And acctually, I think the kids might be the ones who will deal with it better.

6. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

My family is going through the same thing right now as well.. I send positive energy and good thoughts to your family..

7. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Wow. I'm so, so, sorry to hear that. For a time, I was on medication the induced suicidal thoughts. Let's just say I didn't stay on it long.

8. jet convoy

Medication that induces suicidal thoughts? How can a medicine induce an actual thought? Or do you mean that the drug messed up your head so much that it went to the point that you started contemplating suicide?

9. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear about this. I had 2 cousins commit suicide with a fire-arm back in 93. They were about 2 months apart from each other.
    My thoughts are with your family, believe me when I say I know what they are going through. If any thing going through it made me realize how valuable life is. I hope that in the end they can come out of it with the same.

10. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    There are actually many medications (anti-depressants, similar medications) that CAN cause a chemical imbalance in the brain such as those that lead to (and cause) suicidal thoughts and acts. I even had it planned out how I'd kill myself, before I started to look into WHY I was thinking that way and started talking with family about the thoughts.

When he was in highschool, my brother had a teacher he looked up to that constantly taught that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. That same teacher later committed suicide. It hit my brother hard, as well as the rest of his class.

11. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. My family went through the same thing last year, it was my sister's mother-in-law. Keep ya in my prayers.

12. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

:( 

Sorry to hear about that, Boo.

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very sorry to hear it. Hope you are all well. I'm very thankfull that so far I've only had to deal with attempted suicides.

14. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

This has happened to me as well, so I feel your pain. It's hard enough as it is to lose a loved one, and millions times worse when it happens this way.
    I'll be sure to keep them in my prayers.
    Sorry to hear this.

15. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that man... thoughts and prayers from wifey and I shes all teary right now. We hope for all the best :thumb 

Tech

16. jet convoy

Damn. Good to see you pulled through.

17. Boo

Ebay:
    Thank you all very much. I really appreciate all teh kind words and prayers.

My sister and bro-in-law are doing better today than yesterday, but you can tell that they've both been breaking down a lot. It's really weird, though, seeing my nieces playing and laughing as if nothing is goin on. Maddy [the middle one] recognized that my sister had Adrienne's keys, but that was about the extent of it. Amy and Tony are going to sit them down tonight and try to explain to them... I don't envy that task. Not one bit.

I went to Adrienne's apartment today with my sister, just to start clearing it out. It was very strange and sad. She, um, she didn't die right away... there was blood all over the floor and the phone was just soaked in it laying on the floor. Not as bad as you'd think, actually, but enough to know that she was walking around the house after shooting herself. Like she tried to change her mind, but didn't have the strength. There were little post-it notes all over the place... it was a mess. She set out cleaning supplies right next to the bathroom where she did it, so that the people that found her would be able to clean up after her. On the post-its, and on pretty much everything there were bits and pieces about her... how messed up her life was, how jealous she was of her brother and his wonderful family that she always wanted, how terrible she felt about being jealous... just very sad. She had things all over her house set aside to be given to different people... friends, family, her boyfriend and his kids... everybody but her mother. They haven't been getting along very well for the past few weeks. Pills and pill bottles everywhere, overdue bill stubs, boxes full of junk, brand new electronics and the collection bills for the credit cards she used to buy it all. We only barely got through picking up her living room and took her computer out of the computer room, but there is so much left to go. It's just so sad seeing these notes everywhere... then seeing how long ago she must have begun planning all this. I saw an envelope for her VA or Police [can't recall which] insurance policy... she had written a long note on it about how she hated herself for having an abortion and killing the baby she loved and wanted [that was a shock] and just apologizing over and over to Tony that he wouldn't be able to collect any insurance. She had cancelled almost all of her policies, and almost certainly the others won't pay out for a suicide... just so much sadness in her life. The not was dated, in her own handwritting, August 6. 2 months ago.

I feel really bad for her boyfriend, too. THey had just had this whole huge argument a few days before where she accused him of cheating on her... going so far as to confront the woman at her house with her husband and kids right there. I was all just some big missunderstanding of course, but he was getting ready to beak up with her over it, because he had his own daughter to raise, he didn't need all of his girlfriend's problems, too. He still loved her... in fact he had just talked to her and was an his way over that night to take her to the VA to get some help. She wouldn't answer the door or phone so he called the cops... they busted in and that's where they found her. Right next to a sign she had onthe floor that read "Paradise Found."

Just all very sad... and hugged up.

18. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Sorry to hear about this tragedy.

I've been in treatment for clinical depression & anxiety for a couple of years now, so I can really identify. One of the big problems with mental illness is that it's almost impossible to make others understand. You can show someone what it's like to be blind by blindfolding them for a day. You can show someone what it's like to be deaf by plugging their ears for awhile. You can show someone what it's like to not be able to walk by binding their legs. But I've yet to figure out a way to explain to the mentally healthy what it's like when your brain won't work the way it's supposed to....

19. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I'm so sorry. :( 

20. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

....dude thats.....

oh hell I dont even know what to think.

Its a trageddy, its fucked up , its sad as hell....

I hope everything goes well, and hope everyone gets okey after such tragedy.