2D Artwork: My Signature gallery and Tips

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by IronhideTF, Aug 1, 2008.

1. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

Hello people! This is my signature gallery and tips on how to make a signature. I made the for people on other forums and some for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have some more which I'll post later.

Now, here are some tips:

1. When making a signature, you need to focus on 3 things: Light, Flow and Depth.

Light:
    After you put your Render and/or Stock to your sig, add light according to the portion of the picture that is getting it's light from.

Flow: Flow is when you make everything flow. Like if there is something going towards the right direction or left, you put your effects etc. towards that direction.

Depth: Depth is hard to explain but without it the sig looks FLAT. To apply depth to your sig, you make a new layer, Image>Apply Image then duplicate that layer. Select the bottom layer. You need to sharpen it, so go to Filter>Sharpen>Sharpen. Now select the Top layer. Go to Filter>Blur>Blur. Now, get out your eraser tool (after you select the top layer) and erase the part where your main picture is (i.e. your Transformer character etc. Also called your Render.) and there you go! you have depth! But don't overdo it or it will look really blurry.

2. Try not to make your signature look Flat. Flat is when you have no Depth.
    Try to use C4d's when making your sig. Just search C4d on google or yahoo to find out what they are. They help ALOT.

3. After you have completed your sig, depending on how the sig looks add a border. But keep it 1-2px or 3.5-4px MAX. Borders can help alot sometimes.

You may think I am too young to make things and tutorials but I'm just sharing what I've learned from people on other forums and some pro sig makers. I am sorry if anyone took anything in this sig offensive.
    If you don't understand something, feel free to PM me.

Have fun and Good luck!

2. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    I'm not sure that you should be using the term 'c4d' - that's just the name of a 3d program. It's like saying 'Try to use Photoshops when making your sig. Just search Photoshop on google or yahoo to find out what they are. They help ALOT.'

I believe what you mean is 'try to use some abstract 3d renders'. If you do find one on google images, you should really include a credit to the artist who made it

3. IronhideTF

There are too many who "made" it. People use the word C4d in 2 things. Name of a program and also things made in C4d. You just use those renders. You don't give credit. Unless you really want to, or the creator asked you to.
    But yeah that's what should be used. I just used what everyone else used on other forums I've been to.

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No offense, but not all signatures need to be made in the style you do, otherwise it would all be copy cats and leave no room for originality. Its a style, and you posted great tips on how to make it that way, and you do a great job too. But saying its the only way to make "REAL" signatures is going overboard. Thats like telling an artist, who paints portraits, that they have to do it the same way Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa. :) 

5. IronhideTF

None taken. But I'll just tell you one thing.
    That is not my style. Most sigs I see on a different forums (i.e. Graphic forums, render forums, anime forums etc..) use those 3 basic things. I learned all of this from another person. So it's basically not my style. It's just the basic way to make sigs.

Sorry that you got offended.

6. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No worries, I wasn't offended. Just wanted to clear up your statement, so others don't take it wrong. I haven't seen this style used here on TFW, so maybe your tips will inspire some of the artists to try it out. Hope you will post your other signatures, as you said originally, and thanks again for sharing your tips. :) 

7. IronhideTF

No problem. I'll post my newbie day sigs soon too.