Minor/Repaint: My shot at Classics Thundercracker (and others)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Pun-3X, May 20, 2007.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

First, I have to give total credit to Thundercracker for the main paint scheme. I used the same two primary Tamiya colors that he did on his--and his came out so well that it even shifted my decision from painting him in cartoon colors to these instead. (and I really was leaning more towards cartoon-scheme at the time)

His TC can be found here, though most of you should know about it by now. :) 

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=129002

Anyway, here's my take:

[​IMG]
    weird pose, but you get the point.

[​IMG]
    I decided with this one to try and paint the pistons on his legs to make them stand out. I think they came out rather nice.

[​IMG]
    As with Starscream, I painted the belt on his (inner)sides to match the front. For some reason, I painted the panels his arms are attached to in blue. I'll probably go back and paint them silver at some point.

I decided to paint the 'panel' on the cannons in silver the same as Skywarp. Black just wasn't going to show up as well. The missile is in black, however, just to break up the color somewhat.

[​IMG]
    Unlike with Starscream, I painted Thundercracker's face this time around. The normal light gray of the toy had no place with the new colorscheme, so I couldn't get around it this time. But it definitely came out great.

[​IMG]
    As I was doing TC, I decided Skywarp needed his 'sides' done up to match the other two Seekers. I actually left his shoulder panels in black on purpose, as they tend to match the side of the upper/front portion of his vents (Seen in the second half of the pic).

[​IMG]
    Jet mode. The red stripes are hand-painted. I decided on a different pattern than his norm, and while I debated the white striping to go with it, I opted against it in the end. I don't think I could have hand-painted clean white stripes that would have been even with the red ones.

[​IMG]
    All of my rear shots came out fuzzy. This was the best one, sadly. Really, you just need to see that the thrusters are in black, same as the original toy.

[​IMG]
    Side shot.

[​IMG]
    Long shot of the group.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And respective jet modes.

Well, there you go.

2. Whelpd

Whelpd Well-Known Member

Like so much must earn money and buy starscreams

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    What's your reason for only having put a faction logo on TC and not the others? Just curious.

4. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    If you can even still find any, let me know...

Awesome, TC, Pun!

(Will any of the Classics be making appearances in your amazing comic, or will it remain [almost] solely G1?)

5. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fantastic job mate!

6. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Great job! Very clean paint work and I like the accents you went with on the wings. Thanks for the props as well..

7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

TC: Your welcome. Glad you like the accents.

For Starscream, I'm going to be using transparent backed insignias--and they haven't arrived yet. They're unfortunately going to be too dark for Thundercracker, so I went with the usual silverback and put one on his nose.

SS will have them on his wings, though. I didn't really care for them on TC's wings for some reason. Skywarp I'm still debating how I'll do it. Definitely silverbacked, but wings or nose I'm not sure yet.

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aside from the faction symbol on the nose of the jet, I love it!

9. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Very good. I like the extra detail on the legs, arms, and arm cannons. Any plans to change the missile color? Silver or blue might look better than the black. I like the way the wing stripes match Skywarp's pattern more than the way the original Starscream wings were done....it's a pattern I had in mind for mine, except I think I'm going to add a blue or silver stripe on TC's wings, like how Skywarp's wing stripes have both of his secondary colors.

10. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great! Best one I've seen yet! No offense to the others who have made their own.