Minor/Repaint: My Second Ever Custom!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wipeyourfeet, Jan 1, 2008.

1. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    I see a theme with the thread titles coming on. I think i'll get up to four before I give up and name my threads something original. Anyway, to this is my second custom using the same brand of cheap knock off. They're of good quality which suprised me, though saying this I did manage to snap a bit of my custom I am currently working on.
    No name for the little fellow, but I think he'd be a Decepticon with such a badass alt-mode. I went for a worn look on the robot parts but kept the plane panels a matt plain finish. There aren't that many paint apps as I saw him as a stealth character, so wouldn't be all red and blue etc. It still needs some touching up and I'm not happy with the way I painted the cockpit. It looks all untidy. Anyway, PICTURES!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good work man, LOVE the alt mode, the flat black gives it a very realistic feel. Keep it up

3. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    Looks good to me. Didnt StarSCream have a form like this in another line?

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    You're thinking of Soundwave in the Cybertron universe. In which his alt- mode is a stealth bomber. Come to think of it Starscream had a stealth bomber too, but it was more like the war within, just more modern look. I could be wrong.

5. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    definate improvement

6. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Could also be thinking of Machine wars Screamer. He was a black bomber, although much bigger.

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    That's the mold I want to use for my DoFP Terrorsaur!

Also, again I say, nice custom! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff on here!

8. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

I like the worn look they look like they had a heck of a fight... Keep it up Good job

9. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Waitaminute I think a got a name for this custom, Blackshade. Well, thats what I come up with anyways.

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I like it. I can see your skills are improving since the first. I've never been a fan of the 'worn' look but the jet mod looks clean. I like the matte black. Keep it up!

11. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    Just looked at the pictures properley for the first time. They look bad in that the joints are all chipped. Any of you got any tips on how to stop this. I tried the super glue sheild thingy but to no avail. I heard one about using black marker from my other custom board. Any more?

By the way, thanks for the positive feedback. My next one is on its way. Following on in the jet tradition I might add. It won't look worn though. Unless I screw something up and have to make it so. I'm thinking of getting another set of the knock offs and repainting them as the three seekers, with this one being Thundercracker and the first one I did as Skywarp. My other, yet to be seen, mould will become Starscream.

Sorry about my photo skills. It was late at night and I wanted to post the pictures quickly. I'll do better ones soon.