My ROTF theory

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by samtheman, Dec 13, 2008.

1. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

First off this is just a theory. Theories are just educated guesses not fact.

This is my theory for how ROTF will go down.

After the first film Starscream flies back to Cybertron and gathers forces for war with the Autobots on Earth. Meanwhile the Autobot forces hear Primes broadcast to the Autobots. They travel to earth from either behind the moon or from moon base 1.

Starscream declares himself leader of the Decepticons. Soundwave and SC have an awesome battle on Cybertron. Soundwave, being a Megatron loyalist, travels to Earth with his group of Cons to try to revive his fallen leader.

After Megatron comes back Megatron and his followers create Devestator combat the Autobots.

The movie ends after the Autobots get their butts kicked. Not exactly setting up for a sequel but not the "good guys always win" ending either.

Feedback welcome.

2. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    sounds not to far off from what i expect, except i'm guessing that SS's followers and SW's followers will both be on Earth duking it out, with the autobots there to mediate/ also fight.

3. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Well the only problem is if Starscream recruit D-cons and Soundwave too, how many will they be on each side, I mean except for Barricade who actually stays on earth, and the constructicons, they wont be anymore d-cons... Ravage will be with Soundwave so who do U expect Starscream to recruit??? Jetfire since they were friends before and he ll be a D-con in the begining before swicthing sides...

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    how do we know there are no other Decepticons? cause i think there may be some more that we dont know about, plus of course theres the rumored Audi R8. i think there would have to be a few more Cons

5. samtheman

I believe there is still some bots we don't know about. I also believe there will be some generic bots. Drones if you will.

6. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

Honestly, what makes so many G1ners so sure that the character Jetfire will be copied from the original cartoon seriers from 1984?
    The character Jetfire appeared in several later Transformers series and he was not an old friend of Starscream nor did he used to be a Decepticon first and then switching sides.

7. samtheman

Because If the movie isn't a live action G1 everyone will hate it. Duh!

8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering they pulled a bunch of random names and applied them to the robots used to make up the Decepticons (Bonecrusher and Brawl were somewhat recognizable as was Frenzy but hardly big names and Blackout and Barricade are out of nowhere), they could just pull more random names or force some things that they think fit or 'sound cool' (if it's in Michael Bay's hands) and that will be your army of Decepticons. So if it's two warring Decepticon factions, you could have a bunch of names you remember and several others that make you go 'who?' just to fill out a roster. So I wouldn't worry about the potential number of recruits on that end.

As for going back to Cybertron, my only issue is how far is that planet supposed to be in the movie storyline? I don't recall anything being defined, and I don't know if the film will honor any comic books or novelizations regarding how long the Autobots and Decepticons were in space looking for the Allspark and/or Megatron (Thousands of years? Hundreds?) Megatron crash landed into the earth a couple million years ago, so you figure the Decepticons might've started searching for him and the All Spark a little after that. Sooo, if it's not exactly a trip around the block, there's no way Starscream can make that trip and back in time for any sequel.

Then again, it's Michael Bay.

Other than that quibble about Cybertron, your guess sounds like a pretty decent one.

9. samtheman

You make a good point. I suppose he could have just fled earth (to the moon perhaps) and contacted Cybertron via some sort of broadcast (like primes).

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Because the G1 back story is more interesting then him being just another Autobot.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  11. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Once earth's/the cubes/megatron's position was known. It would just be a quick warp speed or space bridge jump to earth from where ever. Everbody would show up in hours,days or weeks at most.
    I aslos agree that the end of TROTF will be similar to Star wars ESB. The Autobots will be left licking thier wounds and re-grouping.

12. samtheman

They're professional writers. I'm sure they can think of an interesting back story to go along with Jetfire without using the G1 storyline.

13. samtheman

But the time span of which Megatron crashed and the rest of the Autobots and Decepticons is so great that technically they could have been in travel for thousands of year or a few days depending on when they discovered the exact location of their leader.

14. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The initial post is pretty much exactly what I thought would happen back after the first movie came out. I'd be pretty satisfied with a plot like this just because we might finally get to see the Decepticon team dynamic that we never saw in the 07 movie.

15. Super_Saiyan

Super_Saiyan British Bumblebee

pretty much what i was thinking lol :p