My review of Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by phoenix88, Oct 5, 2012.

1. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    REally nifty figure. Disclaimer: i do make several jabs at an unnamed reviewer in this video. That is because said review came close to saying this figure was crap because it wasn't as show accurate as they would have liked and because of 1 fluke QC issue on the wings. To me, both of these are valid concerns, but not things that should mark the figure as not-recommendable. This is a nifty figure, and if you happen to get one with poor QC, there's options to replace it that are more productive than lambasting the issue in a video review. Lastly, show accuracy is going to be a bit poor with these Prime toys, as it's hard to translate CGI to plastic, and that's something we have to accept.

TF: Prime Voyager Dreadwing - YouTube

2. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I really kinda agree with you on your complaint about the review you're referring to. It really seemed like the reviewer wasn't entirely fair because he got one that was was poorly assembled.

What you said about the head though, the entire head, (except for the light piping which is very small compared to the rest of the head) is all rubber. It only seems "thicker" because there is more of it. That gives the impression it's not as bad as the wing bits. But the blue portion isn't the only part...the actual face, the gold painted bit, is the same material.

Finally, a bit of criticism on your video itself. It's fine that you don't like the review of the person you mention. But seriously, this comes off as just you wanting to bitch about his review. That doesn't really make your opinion all that viable because all you're doing is bashing someone elses opinion. I know you warned about that in your post, but i watched it and honestly didn't expect that many jabs. You can review something and state your opinions without having to belittle someone elses. Just my two cents....

3. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @optibotimus316 Thanks for your input. To be honest, i didn't realize how belittling i was in this video until i put it up and feedback started coming in. I'm not gonna blame the mild learning disabilities i've had since birth for this, but i will say that an unfortunate side effect of them is that sometimes i don't think things through fully or calm down (if i get agitated/ unnerved by something) before saying my piece. I was still in that mode while i was filming this review. It's come up far more rarely now than in the past (both with reviews and outside of youtube), and looking back on this video, i will agree with your criticism, it does seem like i'm bitching about the dude's video. Unfortunately this video will have to stay like this until a later redux as I do not have the time right now to re-do it.

That said, thanks for the clarification on the head as well.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I rarely care about what "famous" reviewers say. Some of them are biased because the toys have been given away to them by sponsors, some of them like crappy toys and some of them hate good toys. I watch the transformation and that's about it, I can form my own opinion.