My review of TRANSFORMERS for the PC

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lateralus, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

Eh. Just.......eh. I played through the entire Autobots campaign and first two missions of Decepticons. First off, the controls were reaaaaaaally reaaaaally f*cking difficult for driving. But after awhile I got used to it. Mostly it seems that the Camero is just a lot more loose to drive than the other vehicles. Flying and shooting from what I tried is kinda impossible. The game also has a lot of bugs and glitches. The sounds and VA repeat themselves like a skipping disc. Also, an ability to change the texture and detail manually would be nice.

Basically it's a cheap port of the console versions like I thought it would be. It's still fun though. Worth the 20 dollars for maybe a week of enjoyment waiting for the movie.

BTW, Jazz kicks ass. I was owning Blackout and Starscream with that little mofo. The black voice actor is kind weird for the character (no, I'm not racist).

2. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

I too have the PC version and have noticed the my voice overs repeat themselves 3x and each one cuts out the other. Very annoying, but I am relieved that there is someone else having issues and not just my PC! As for the driving, I feel the same pain. I love NFS and GTA and the driving here feels alot like the Test Drive and Driver series of games. I haven't tried any flying yet but hopefully I will be able to figure it out.

The graphics are nice and there are a lot of sub missions and hidden things to do. But the one thing I hate about console ports for PC is that you can't save anytime! This is really crappy when you have to restart a whole level from the beginning just when you were at the end! Also, the timed missions and sub-missions are a little hairy to play thru. Overall though, $20 was a good price and I really do enjoy playing the game. Hopefully a bug fix patch comes out for the sound issue.

3. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

Flying and shooting with Blackout is jsut freaking impossible.