My review of the ROTF Human Alliance Barricade figure

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Excellent review!!

I will be doing that leg mod as soon as I find the guy....you're right, it makes him look much better.

3. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    ^^
    It's really weird...those plastic bits really serve no purpose other then preventing the legs from going up further. I don't get why Hasbro would have put them their...it effects nothing and takes away from having good leg articulation on the figure.

4. Dream Warrior

Dream Warrior Well-Known Member

What did you use to cut the tabs off, and how long did it take to do so?

5. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I really shouldn't have cut that part out in the video....but i was trying to save on some time since it's already 24 minutes long.

It really is a mod that takes about 5 minutes to do. On the back of his crotch piece are 4 screws. First remove those. Seperate the two halves and you'll see the legs can be slipped out. Take them out and you'll easily be able eto get to those tabs. You can use anything really to cut them off. I used a steak knife haha...i don't recommend that since people might hurt themselves. If you have a dremel tool to be able to get in there, i'd recommend that. I wouldn't shave all the way down...i'd leave a VERY small bit left over so that it kind of locks the hips into place when you slide the legs fully up. I hope that makes some sense and helps out.

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Just did the mod, and I must say that it makes the figure that much better. No more goofy leg poses. If you're on the fence about doing it, I say go for it. you won't be disappointed at all with the results.

Thanks for sharing Optibotimus :thumb 

7. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    No problem...i can't and won't take credit for the leg thing...i think plenty other people before me did it. But i really think it makes the figure a whole lot more of a decent looking figure. I'm glad i could show it off and hope others do it to make the figure more fun to have around. It really seems pointless that hasbro/takara or whomever put those tabs on his waist like that. They serve no purpose at all, other then hinder the leg articulation.