My review of the film - shooting wise.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lateralus, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

Much, much better, now that they are more comfortable with the CGI. Most of the action was much more visible and there was a lot less shaky camera bullcrap. It gave it a much more epic scale.

2. DinoTarant

DinoTarant Well-Known Member

I only worthwhile shooting part of the movie was the blond girl getting on top of Sam in the bed.

3. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

but if it was shaky it would have sucked.

4. DinoTarant

DinoTarant Well-Known Member

We need more shots of the army shooting guns.

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Still had some bits of action that give you the mere sense of what's going on more so than really showing you loud and clear, imo, but I suppose some of that could be attributed to the robot's intricate designs. When you've got Megatron and Starscream, fairly monochromatic bots with tons of parts here and there, both crashing around in the same proximity, it takes a lot of focus to really keep track.

There are still some crappy shots otherwise. Just an example that people will think is major nitpicking - During the first big Wheelie scene, there are quite a few moments where the cuts to Mikaela have her obscured by things in the foreground. Great framing there. Hide your lead actress behind random shit!

I feel Bay's quick shooting style leaves us with a lot of really iffy shots. He likes to present it as a positive, but it's definitely hurting his visual storytelling.

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    All reviews - one thread. Doesn't matter what type of review. All reviews - ONE THREAD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.