My review of ROTF Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Johnator, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I watched the movie last night and thought I would share my thoughts. Please note that my review has minor spoilers though I will keep any big details out of it. I also wanted to add that I thought the first movie was "ok" not great but not bad. This is just a summary to highlight my main thoughts.

Positives

1. GREAT Special Effects-but then everyone pretty much expects that.
    2. Good voice acting- Starscream's voice was very well done as was Soundwave's.
    3. Less shaky cam which was a big plus
    4. A lot more dialogue for Autobots and Decepticons
    5. I thought Sam's character was a lot more interesting in this movie than the first one.

Negatives

1. Devastator does pretty much nothing the time he is in the movie.
    2. Megatron is out of character and is pretty much a servant rather than a leader.
    3. The movie is really long. My favorite movie is the Godfather so I do enjoy long movies but it just seemed dragged out rather than a steady flow for the storyline.
    4. "Stupid" humor and forced jokes were all over the place and constant. It was more annoying than funny. My wife and I rolled our eyes several times.
    5. Many of the characters just felt thrown in and not thought out as being actual characters. The doctor and wheelie spring to mind.

Overall I would say the movie is again "ok" just like the first one though I did enjoy the first one more (though that isn't even in my top 50 movies or anything). If you go into the theater expecting more of the same you will pretty much get what you want. If you go in expecting riveting storyline or a great flow of character development you are in the wrong movie. Overall I will probably rent it again sometime but not buy it like I did the first one since it is basically a substandard continuation of the first one. Again not bad but not great either.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.