My Review of 360's new interface.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since people review the toys all the time, I thought I'd post my thoughts on 360's new face, like anyone cares what the Charger of Winds has to say, hehehe.

I finally got a chance to play with it last night, and in a few words, I love it.

Hella easier to use, everything seems logically placed, and no huge ads distracting from the selectable tiles. The Avatars are pretty much useless, but I guess it's cool to see me pimped out when I log in.

Also, I might be wrong about this, but I do believe installing Mass Effect helped A LOT with the texture draw-in, but again, I've been away for a while and I might just be delusional. But if I'm right and it does help, this is HUGE, not only for performance in games, but for avoiding the dreaded RROD.

I think MS did a FOK of a job revamping this. Now it feels cleaner turning my Three-fiddy on.

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    this is about what exactly?

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Mom.

360's new Interface. The update they made in November... Yes, I'm barely getting to it now.

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I didnt know of any update........pics?

5. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I didn't find Mass Effect was helped at all but that might be my 360 (she be on her last legs). The only games I saw some noticeable change in was Fable 2 and Fallout 3.

Overall I like the new system but I dislike how I have to jump through a few extra menus to get to the full list of game add-ons and the like. Small price to pay to not see ads in every menu I move through though.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, maybe it was just me. I can't land at the Citadel right now, so I can't test my Ship textures.

What does it do to Fable 2?

Also... it's a full install right? As in, I don't need the disc?

7. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even if you install a title, you still need the disc in the drive to play it as a verification that you own it.

So no borrowing your buddies games, installing them then returning the originals.

As for the interfece, I'd really prefer if it went straight to the My Xbox section.

8. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    It cut down on the load times between areas. It used to take up 30 seconds not it's down to about 10 tops. Again, I think this is my 360 though... : (

And, boo urns because you'll still need the disc.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which reminds me. I have been trying to figure out how to delete profiles. i created a profile to get the Japanese demo of RE5, but now it defaults to it everytime I turn my box on.

10. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

The new interface update isnt really that new anymore. Sense you got your system recently you might have already gotten it without noticing, or you may not have got it yet. Even though you dont have XBL (yet :ev: ) is your Xbox still connected to the internet? You may at one point have been prompted to download it.

If not, you'll be required to install it once you have an Xbox live account, either silver or gold.

And as for Mr. Charger....

You just got the whole "New gaming experience" thing installed? Dude, we need to meet up and teh gamez together!

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, definitely late-blooming here, but since I hated the original interface so much, I needed to chime in and give MS props for making it work so well. Well, for me anyway.

I need to sell plasma and get Gears so I can play with some of you guys. Because otherwise I mainly play RPGs on my 360.

12. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    To be honest I don't have any strong opinions on either the old or new X-Box interfaces. Mostly as I hardly ever just sit there navigating through them all that much as I'm to busy playing a game.

13. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I only got to it maybe a week or two ago. :lol 

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was a little late. heheh

15. Raz

Raz Flamethrower TFW2005 Supporter

I find myself liking the old blades more than the new setup. I do like the option to install to the hard drive, but I haven't seen any noticeable differences in doing so. I also love the ability to delete 0 achievement games from your list.

I know a lot of people really hated the old blades, but I always found them pretty straightforward and easy to navigate. But like Soundwave, I just jump into whatever game I'm playing at the time, so it really doesn't matter all that much to me.