Minor/Repaint: My Quick Kitbash Coby Bot

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by carnage717, Oct 12, 2006.

1. carnage717

carnage717 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I picked up a few extra scout class figures thanks to Toys R Us Buy something for 19.99 and get a free scout class figure. So I did a quick and dirty Kitbash to make my own Coby Bot since I couldnt make it to Botcon this year. He head came from a Clocker figure.

[​IMG]

Brad

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    How did you do the cockpit? and was it easy to attach the head?

3. carnage717

carnage717 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had to take a little bit of the window off of the canopy so when it transforms the head will go down inside. As far as the head goes I just used a dremel and cut the head and base of where the head was attached completely off so your left with a square piece of plastic and the head. After that you need cut off scrapmetals head and you have use a dremel to cut through the metal pin unless you can remove the pin by hand. After you have the head yourleft with base of where Scrapmetals head was attached. You need to grind down about 1/16 of inche of the plastic on so that the base with the clocker head is recessed a little. Once you have it the way you want it Sugerglue the clocker head to the scrapmetal base. I used a little epoxy putty to fill in the gaps between the 2 pieces so it looks more uniform. Because Clockers head is a little bigger than scrapmetals your going to have to trim the front piece of glass. The piece Im referring to is the piece at the very top when you looking at the figure straight on. Dremel out that piece and then your ready for paint.

I also put a different pic in the first post. The angle of the camera made his head look a little weird for some reason so I took a better pic of him.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That came out great!

5. zailand

zailand Well-Known Member

great pronto job!!