My PS3 Slim Adventure.....

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by chrisr291, Sep 5, 2009.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well it all started a couple of weeks ago...

The PS3 Slim was confirmed and I remember thinking "Man... I want it". Anyhow... that night I backed up all my PS3 data and started wondering if selling my old 40 gig was worth it. So after a lot of thinking... I put the PS3 up on Craigslist just to see what I could get.

I got tons of calls when I listed it for 150... but I felt after that it was a little to low. I bumped it up to 250 (Which Included Resistance 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma) and I still got tons of calls. Still... I didn't know if paying 300+ tax was worth it....

afterwards, I found out about the Dell PS3 Slim Deal. So I sold my old PS3 to some guy for 250 and ordered the Slim Sept 1st for 270 total.... Good Deal huh!

Well... Then I get an email saying "Backordered Delayed" and my expected Delivery Date will be 9/28. of course I got this email on my phone as I was handing over my PS3 to the new guy.

Furious! lol, could not describe me....

Anyhow, the next day, I get an email from dell saying my slim will be delivered friday, September 4th.

Friday comes... No work/No School, just a sleep-in day! Anyhow, my girlfriend says "Look the UPS guy is walking up and down the stairs". Of course, at that moment... for whatever reason, I thought Fed Ex was delivering the package....

So I wake up at 2, wondering where my package is. Guess what... Dell didn't put my whole delivery address on the package... it was only apt 1..

Then I call UPS to inform them of my apartment number. Of course they cant come out to redeliver and if I don't get it today, I'll have to wait until tuesday. The Package will be at their warehouse around 7:30

The UPS warehouse in Austin Texas is way on the other side of town... oh and the TExas drought... it ended that night lol. Tons of rain, I had to pull over because visibility was next to nothing.

I finally got there, at 8:00pm for my package. No Package, driver was delayed due to the rain but coming in soon.

8:30 driver shows up and they call my name! WWWOOOO!!! its mine!!!

not exactly, the UPS employee informs me the package has been lost and they are searching for it as we speak. If it isn't found, they will deliver it first thing tuesday.

OH MAN THAT SUCKED!!! Pissed again... I'm ready to leave. I forgot to mention, I didn't go to the UPS store alone, my buddy Jesse and dog Sonny came with me.

So around 9pm, the guy says "WE FOUND IT", I sign for the package and leave. Is this the end? Nope.... one last obstacle. See, Jesse came with me because I don't know the area. He is navigating... upon leaving the UPS warehouse, he says

"Trust me go left" ok
    "Ok... go right".. sure
    "Left...."
    "Left..."

at that point I say... "Hey? That Gas Station looks familiar"

Yep... we ended up right back at the UPS warehouse lol! at that point, I turned on the Navigation.....

PS3? was it worth all that... I dunno but its AWESOME! No noise, and it took me 5 mins to install all my packed up data.

2. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    o_O 

You gave up a backwards-compatible PS3 for a slim model? I would have kept it, but hey, as long as you're happy with your purchase, that's all that matters.

3. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

He said he had a 40gb, the 40gb never had any backwards compatibility. So all he lost was some size and possibly some USB connectors, I can't remember if the 40gb had four or two.

Cool story though, life can be very interesting sometimes.

4. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thats was you get for getting greedy. :p 

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I just took a look at dell's website, what is this deal you speak of?

6. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Oh right, the 60 and 80 Gb models have BC. My bad. In that case, it's an excellent deal, considering the mishaps!

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Playstation 3 Slim 120GB $255 (or $247), Playstation 3 160GB Uncharted Bundle $340 (or $330) - SlickDeals.net Forums

Here is the link to the Deal. You have to speak with a Customer representative for this deal. If they do not give you the deal, just keep on switching till someone does. It worked today

and yeah, the 40gb is not a backwards compatible playstation.

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I just enrolled in the preferred account for an additional 3% off. they also have free shipping, so I should be able to get this sucker delivered for no more than $260. later today when their live chat is up and running I'm all over it. thanks for the heads up!

9. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Dell marked down the PS3 slim to 270. I had to call to try and use the 15% code on top of the 30 instant discount. The rep could not do it but he did give me 15% off 300 with free shipping. I was approved for preferred Dell membership so I went ahead and ordered 2, one for me and another as an Xmas present.

Anyone looking for a slightly used MSG4 80 GB PS3 Bundle? :) 

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen a couple of legit accounts showing that the Slim is indeed faster (even in downloading over WiFi) so I would definitely get a slim if given a choice, I just wouldn't replace my 60gig for it, but I would get one if given a choice now.