My Problem with Optimus in ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by G1 Prowl, Nov 22, 2009.

1. G1 Prowl

G1 Prowl Member

I just watched ROTF for the first time yesterday (avoids hailstorm of trash being thrown his way), and I have to say one since in particular bothered me. It's early on when Optimus ... after hearing the cryptic warning / threat from Demolishor (I think it was him no?) blasts him in the face! Wouldn't you want to .. I dunno .. question him?

Then to compound matters, Optimus gives the whole "they were your brothers (too)" comment to the Fallen. Sheesh, just a little hypocritical?!?

2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a valid complaint about not questioning him. Probably would have been better if he already shot him and then Demolishor spoke those words, and died before Prime coudl question him. At least you aren't complaining about him executing the innocent, etc.

3. Dirt Boss

Dirt Boss Constructicon

I think Optimus was refering to the Primes when he talked to the Fallen.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

And here we go..again...

5. G1 Prowl

G1 Prowl Member

Yeah, I don't know. The scene seemed very un-Optimus-ish. I can see him striking down enemies in the heat of battle or to protect the inoocent (or himself for that matter) but to shoot a foe who seemed to be already beaten as well as after he makes that statement just seemed wrong.

6. G1 Prowl

G1 Prowl Member

My bad. I will admit to not searching for a similar thread / going through all teh movie pages to see if there is another thread covering this.

7. Shadow25

News Credits:
    Well I completely agree with the killing. I just think it was un-Optimus to kill him without getting the information. That's like saying you're a cop and a terrorist runs up to you and says that the White House, God forbid, would get bombed tomorrow. Do you shoot him on the spot? No, you obviously arrest him and get him under proper interrogation. So it was rather un-smart of the usually intelligent Prime.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Okay, now THAT's a good concern.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Demolisher would'nt have lived long enough to be questioned anyway, and Prime meant the other Primes, not TFs all together.

10. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    He just said that because he doesn't like to hear complaints about Prime being too crazy in ROTF because appearantly that's just a stupid thing to not like :rolleyes:  I agree with what you say, I mean do the Autobots even know the reason as to why the Cons are on Earth? Have they ever bothered to interogate one of them and see what they'll up to?

11. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Cool story bro.

The Decepticon in question seemed to be taunting Prime, who responded in a manner much like Galloway of the later scenes believed the message to be regarding (which was that "the fallen" implied the Decepticon forces). However, the message could have been a serious threat, which is why they debated over it later. :) 

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Actually no, it´s because this is the 10th thread about this crap. It´s basically beating a dead horse several times over. "Waaa Prime´s crazy..Waaa.."

This thread is going to reach the same point as all others have. Some people will like, some people will bitch and some people won´t really care about that.

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Chances are Demolisher wasn't gonna give any info anyway.

14. Shadow25

News Credits:
    While I too have grown tired of such threads, this is posing a different question. I don't think the OP is bashing Prime as an executioner or whatnot. I think he's just simply asking why he performed the kill when some serious information had just been given to him? Ask questions, then kill.

15. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I applaud you for having a different problem with Prime. Now that I think of it, it would have been wise to question Demolishor.

16. G1 Prowl

G1 Prowl Member

Actually I never wrote that Prime was crazy merely that I thought it didn't make sense from a strategic POV to kill a foe who might potentially have information.

Now, I can understand the point that perhaps Prime thought Demolishor was refering to the beaten Decepticons as "the fallen" but, considering that "The Fallen" was an actual individual and Prime was ...well ... a Prime and should have the knowledge of The Fallen as well as his own ancestors connection to him ... putting a hole in Demolishor without a second thought seems rash.

17. G1 Prowl

G1 Prowl Member

That pretty much sums it up.

18. ShockFleet

ShockFleet Member

Remember when Galloway asked Prime who The Fallen was, and Prime responded,"Origin, unknown. Our races' history was contained within the AllSpark, and lost with its destruction". Obviously that meant Prime didn't know about The Fallen.

This presents a new problem, because how would Prime know what The Fallen meant when he said,"Die like your brothers" if he didn't know about "his brothers" in the first place.

19. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :horse: 

20. Shadow25

News Credits:
    I think the original intent, at least in the comic/novel, was that when Prime received the Matrix he also received its knowledge and power, which had been transfered to it by Sam, who had the symbols from his head from the cube. But still, it's not clear at all in the movie.

Do you even have a slight clue as to what the arguement is here? No, you just see the words Prime and Demolishor in the same thread and assuming it's a "ZOMG Prime's an Executor!" thread. Unfortunately, given the board lately, I can't really blame you.