My Phone Screen Broke

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by samtheman, Sep 12, 2009.

1. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

I have a LG Voyager titanium and half of the front touch screen is black with verticle lines of color. When I press down on the bottom of the screen the color turns back to normal in slim verticle sections.

I'm pretty sure it happened when I accidently took it through a metal detector. I don't want to take it to the Verizon store because they're probably going to charge me and arm and a leg to fix it.

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Metal detectors nuke phone screens?

3. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    No

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Stupid phone

5. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. This is really helpful and not spam at all.

6. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im guessing is out of warranty right? if not, you should ask Verizon how much they would charge for the repair

Another option could be going to a LG center, maybe they could fix it... then again, i doubt it would be that much different from Verizon

Finally, looking at ebay, the least you would pay would be $34 (plus shipping) for a replacement screen, since you need to change the whole lcd and such

7. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    It's no more spam than your original post.

You didn't ask for help. Or suggestions. Or tell us if the phone is under warranty.

You made a ridiculous assumption without actually even calling and asking how much it would be, or if it's covered. And since we're not psychics we're gonna have trouble pulling non-answers out of our asses.

Luckily Napjr had some good suggestions.

8. Cheez Doodle23

Cheez Doodle23 Plastic Crack Club Member

News Credits:
    I work for a US Cellular Agent and we carry a few LG phones. From my experience they don't necessarily make the best touch screen phones. I repair the phones that we get in for customers unless it has to be sent to repair. LG normally charges around 91 dollars to repair a phone. What I have seen them do 90% of the time though is replace the phone with a whole new one. I guess it's cheaper for them that way? But they are normally pretty quick because they simply replace the phone. I hope this information helps.

One last thing, you might want to check with Verizon because the last few LG phones we started carrying had software issues that simply required a software flash (update). Your phone could be suffering the same thing.