My Pet Cockatiel Died

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dremare, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

One of my oldest pet cockatiels died today. We don't know what happened to her exactly, but my sister is the one that found her. We've had her for a long time, since I was a toddler, and I'm worried that her mate, who we got at the same time as her, and is MUCH weaker, is going to follow her soon......

2. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    Blimey, that's gotta suck. We lost a goldfish cause the water was too dirty. Hopefully, his pal won't sign the death deal yet.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

:( 

Sorry to hear that, Dremare.

4. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Sorry about your birds. I had two cockatiels once. My family named them Sonny and Cher because they'd always chirp together. We gave them away though to some old lady because she needed something to keep her company, and also I was afraid my dog Tosh would eat them. Every day since we got them he'd eyeball them for an hour or so, focusing his full attention on them LOL now he's partially blind and doesn't care about anything besides food, water, sleep, and walks. Still trying to get him to sleep at night instead of during the day, 1:00 in the morning he starts barking for us to let him outside to do his business :banghead

The passing of a pet that you've become so attached to, like as if they were a brother or sister, is very hard to go through. Especially like me I'm very close to my dogs and I don't think I could take better care of them than I already am. I spoil them too much lol. The best thing that helps is that they realized their owner treated them great and loved them so much. I don't know what is worse though, not expecting their death or having to face it that they are close. If only they'd live longer. What I would do to make my dog to live to thirty years or so.

Best thing to do, keep them as healthy as possible. My dog is turning 11 in september and despite his cataracts he's as healthy as can be, and small dogs like bichons live for very long times too, up to 16 which isn't uncommon either. I'm aiming for that.

5. Dremare

Thanks for the support, guys....... I'm still worried about her mate, though, since he's been singing lately, and in the direction of the box she's in, which is right next to the cage. My siblings and I are going to bury her when my parents get home from work....

6. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    NO! I'm sorry about your lost Cockatiel. R.I.P

Hopefully the other guy doesn't die.

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My friends dog Sasha had to be put down yesterday also.

8. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I lost my cockatiel back in November after 16 years. It took me awhile, but I ended up getting another one and have no regrets.

Hang in there.

9. r0guearmy

r0guearmy Wizrd. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I had two cockatiels when I was a kid. Perry & Polly. Polly died after a few years and is buried somewhere in my backyard in a shoebox. About a year later, Perry managed to pull up the one of the doors of his cage and flew away. Every now and then I'll hear some familiar chirping in the neighborhood, and I like to think he joined the mob of semi-wild parrots that roam my neighborhood in the summer.

10. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Unfortunately the first thing that popped into my head was this when I saw your title.

Sorry for your loss dude.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    :(  I have two myself. So sad when a family pet dies.

12. Dremare

Thanks. Sorry to hear about your cockatiel, though.

Once I read about the semi-wild parrot mob, that put a smile on my face.

And then when I watched that video, it wiped said smile off....

But thanks for the support, everyone. It's just a shock that this happened.... I mean, there weren't any signs that she was going to die.....

13. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    My Cockatiel I got from my papa died not too long after I got him. My dad said it was parasites but I know for a fact it was because my mom and dad didn't like it when it squawked so they'd spray with a water gun every time it made a noise. I loved that bird and I loved my papa, thanks to them his bird didn't even survive for 2 weeks.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    you have my condolences on the loss of your beloved bird, hopefully they other survives.

15. Dremare

..... That is downright mean. Spraying a bird because it makes noise? It's a damn cockatiel! They're suppose to make noise! That's one of their entertainment purposes! D:

16. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

Sorry to hear that. This Sunday is gonna be 1 year since my cat died. God, I miss her so much, and I downloaded a song with her name as the title and it makes me cry listening to it.

Cats can live a long time and she was only 9. She got robbed....

Metal Chaos, I would honestly beat the shit out of your parents if I ever saw them do that.