My Pepsi Primes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tim Vader, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Tim Vader

Tim Vader Well-Known Member

Picked these up this recently and I am pretty stoked about them. I am on the hunt for a "Pepsi Cola" sticker variant if anyone has a lead on one for me :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am also hunting a few parts to complete these guys. I have bloated parts with no gray roller/trailer combo, I need the accessories to complete the canadian prime, and at least one complete regular prime. I really need to make a list, lol

2. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

That's a nice group of Pepsi Primes!! I picked up the Pepsi Cola variant at an antique mall this past January for $7.50. The thing looked like brand new, aside from the stickers being a bit brittle. It was in what appeared to be a Pepsi collection and had rarely, if ever, been transformed. The thing was super tight when I transformed it. Unfortunately, there were no accessories with it, so I just put everything from my old original Prime (from my childhood) on it to complete it... mostly. Here are a couple pics.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. Tim Vader

I was googling info on the pepsi prime and came across yours actually! That's how I know that variant exists. Very cool piece man and a great price. If you ever decide to sell, let me know!

A buddy of mine has the '05 release so I'm grabbing that from him this week. If you don't mind me asking, what's yours got stamped on the inside of the circle that holds it yo the hitch?

4. Cortexitron

Mine has a number 5 in it. Just below that is the hasbro and Takara stuff... Why do you ask, is it important?

5. Tim Vader

Not sure. Was reading some stuff on the mail away movie prime and it has a 5 in it, just like the early re issue. I need to check mine, but was told it has a 6. I'm just wondering if it's the same mold as the movie one. I'm looking to buy a boxed one sooner or later and trying to gather info so I can tell if it's the real deal or a regular trailer with knock off stickers put in a hard to find box

6. Cortexitron

Oh, I see... I can check my other original Prime trailer next week and see what number that is. It's on a shelf at work right now. But that may be different too, that one is the metal plate version (has the extra holes in the side) so I'm not sure if that'll be any help or not.

[​IMG][/IMG]

But let me know if I can help with any other identifying marks. And to be honest, this one had three stickers on it when I found it. One was on the trailer door, but it fell off as I was carrying it around the store... Not sure if that means anything, maybe the person who had it originally had more than one.

7. Tim Vader

I read the pepsi cola ones had 3 stickers. I'm hoping to find another example of it to compare it too. I'm shocked at how much these have come down since I started looking at them a few years ago! I know it's just a regular prime for the most part, but it's got the extra "cheesy 80's gimmick" that I love

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    Very cool.

I have the flat bed pepsi prime that Takara released a few years ago...I love that old school truck trailer one though!....Keep that in good shape and display it with pride...that is one of the harder to find ones....

9. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Don't know if you're interested, but there is an amazing WST KO of the Pepsi Prime. I'll send you a link if you want to know more.

10. Tim Vader

Sure. I'd love to see it. How small are those WSTs?

11. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

12. mjcrow

mjcrow Well-Known Member

When are they gonna release Coke Megatron?

13. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
  14. Tim Vader

Odd. Mine has a number 6 stamped on the trailer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its definitely vintage. Nice and worn out. The stickers look VERY old. I thought the trailer stamps only went up to 5. Anyone else have a loose pepsi prime to compare these with??

15. Cortexitron

I looked mine over, and it has 5's stamped where yours has 6's...

I also checked over my original metal plate Prime trailer as a comparison. There isn't a single number stamped anywhere on it. Just the Takara logo right behind the hitch.

16. Tim Vader

I have 2 other trailers coming in this week. I am curious to see what is stamped on those as well. I looked at a pretty serious Prime guide and the 6 trailer was not listed

17. Cortexitron

I saw an original prime at my local old toys store tonight, and it was stamped with 6's all over the trailer. It was just the plain version, so I'm not sure what that means to your search... Just thought I'd share the info. Maybe you should start a new thread asking folks what is stamped on their trailers. The more answers you get may help straighten out your dilemma. Just a thought...

18. toyman

toyman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure this one is a repro sticker, but I wanted to make sure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Text on bottom says "1992 Hasbro Inc". What Prime Trailer would have been made in 1992?

19. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

It would've been a little late for the Euro Classics release but not black enough to be the G2 version...

20. Cortexitron

There was the G2 prime, but I think that trailer was black wasn't it??

Edit: RKillian beat me to it...