My Packages Today, Rocket Boba Fett and Favorite Medabot!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Lazerwave, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I came home from work today and returning my defective Battle Blade Optimus for a new one and I received 4 packages today in the mail! And I knew what was in them! 3 were from Hasbro and 1 I bought from the Neatherlands on ebay.

The 3 packages were the new vintage Rocket Boba Fett! Although the 3 hasbro ones were in bad shape, I shook in fear that the figures in the boxes were in bad shape (because someone who post a review on two of them they were in bad shape at to make it worse the figures weren't sealed on the cardback, so he got two opened Boba Fetts.) So I paniced and opened the first boxes quickly but carefully. the first one was ok, the cardback was a little jagged (but nothing a little flat weight can't fix). But the other 2 were A ok!:D 

The forth package...

A bit of a story to that. Do you all know a anime cartoon called Medabots? When I was 13 I watched that show. There was one Medabot that I loved (NO It's Not Metabee) Then when there was a contest when Medabot figures for prizes I found out they made a figure of that character. So I set off on a hunt to find it but had no luck. Even my mom helped me try to get it on a site called Get Collecting but they said "sold out but we will put you on the wait list" which we waited for a year until we replied and they said " No more, goodbye"!:cry  Seriously I cried!

They later on I found out there was a bigger one of that Medabot. I searched all of USA but no luck. So as of now I searched ebay and no luck, until I googled that character and found out that one person had one in the Neatherland. I went to ebay but found out item ended:( . Then I was searching again on Ebay and nothing until I said "What am I doing? I should look at Ebay Neatherland" So I went there and found out it was there:drool: ! The guy also had a Smilodon, but I only cared about the one character I loved and worshipped. So I bought it for $14 Cad. And here it is...

CYANDOG!!!

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Congrats dude. Medabots are rare and should be treasured. I recently re-acquired Metabee and Rokusho's tinpet kits and also got Rokusho's upgrade too! But the upgrade suffers so much because of its additional modes. And seems much looser than the first version.

3. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Well mine is not a model like the ones you find one ebay. Mine is an actual figure (although the missles that go in his guns are missing, but I don't care, I just want Cyandog) and the parts are not changable like the other ones. I find only the arms come off.

4. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Oh I see. I thought it was the ones with interchangeable armour that forms around the tinpet.

5. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I'll post a picture as soon as I can.:wink: 

6. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very nice, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures you'll post up!

7. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    It will take a little while I need to shrink the pictures to fit the jpeg.

8. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    id love to have a Medabee one of those

9. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Here, I finally uploaded them. And yeah, I probibly should have mentioned I do have a regular figure Cyandog.

After I was blue, a month later my mom gave me a small but hard list of chores to do and for it to be done in 3 days (which included cleaning my SISTER'S room). I managed to finish it in 3 days and as a reward my mom had a suprise for me, A 2 3/4 inch Cyandog. She said that my aunt found it at an old stuff store along with the Shark Medabot (I can't remember it's name) which my mom gave me for christmas.

Attached Files:

10. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's cool! Great job getting that rare figure.

11. Deszaras79

Deszaras79 I ♥ Brickformers

where is this mystic country called 'Neatherland'? or do you mean 'Neverland' :wink: 

12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    It's the Netherlands and I'm happy for it.

13. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

congrads on finding a much sought after grail! its a good feeling to finally track down something you've wanted for a looooong time. medabots was a cool show, and im suprised it only lasted as long as it did

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was a pretty long series, around 50 episodes, and concluded fairly solidly.

Then they tried to bring over the second series, which failed pretty hard, on the basis that most of the fan-favourite characters were either absent or inexplicably different, with even Medabee seemingly reverting somewhat on the character development angle.

15. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    That sucks. I never got into the series. Just the kits and some of the GBA games.

16. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    The tv show is on youtube if that's what you are refering to.

17. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Not really wanting tto watch the series any more. Just interested in the toys/kits and the upcoming D-Arts.

18. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Also, the figure is used and paint wares, so I'm think about fixingit up with some paint and I'm paundering about the shapes on his eyes, because in the show they were green and the figure's is yellow.

19. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Since you and everone else say they are very rare there are some 3 inch figures on ebay right now. They are sold two by two and there is a Cyandog in there.

20. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I was talking about the kits.