2D Artwork: My own version of "Red Alertte"

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ligier, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Ligier

Ligier Sweet Angel Deranged

We all know the rumor about Red Alert being a fem-bot in Animated, here's my take...

[​IMG]

My initial vision of "Red Alertte" was that she would fill Ratchet's place on the team (like the original rumors said). I knew she couldn't be a crotchety old woman, so I figured she would be a motherly character to the Autobots... But that was boring so I let my mind wander. I envisioned a character that would tie herself in to the story by being Ratchet's exuberant youth of an apprentice back on Cybertron. We all know Ratchet hates being asked questions, especially about his past, but Red Alert is all about asking questions. She wants to know everything there is to know about being a good Autobot mechanic and that means asking Ratchet about his days in the Great War... Constantly and endlessly. Ratchet tried his best to make her stop, but it proved futile as she would follow him wherever he went. Taking a chance, Ratchet enlisted his services in a Space Bridge maintenance crew in a far corner of the Universe. Of course, we know where the story goes from there, but Red Alert is still out there looking for the Legendary Autobot Medic and she'll search every last planet, moon, asteroid and crater if she has to, to find him and obtain all of his vast knowledge...

Obviously, she eventually ends up on Earth. Hi jinx ensue.

Her weapon is the "Bludgeoning Wrench" which is excellent for delivering cranial trauma to Decepticons. It can also be used for patch-up jobs too extreme for conventional tools. Its not very effective with delicate work however, so Red Alert keeps a compartment for her other equipment inside. Its a weapon, a tool, and a toolbox!

It can also be used like a vice-grip for ripping off an enemy's limb or two or just holding something together. You'd better hope if you get a body part between those mechanical teeth, its so Red Alert can put you back together, not tear you apart.

As you can see, she has exceptional upper-body strength especially when angered (Ah, feminine rage, a cartoon staple :rolleyes: ), but she tires easily when things get rough so she only enters the battlefield when her particular skills are needed, much like her idol Ratchet.

2. Zot

Zot Just hacked your system.

Very nice concept!
    I especially like the backstory, and the Bludgeoning Wrench is great!

3. Ligier

Ligier Sweet Angel Deranged

Thanks. The bulk of the weapon came for the need to have a decent Red Alert-esque alt mode, but still retain some female shape. So some meat needed to be added, so I boxed up the shoulders and added the wrench.