My Opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by wipeyourfeet, Jan 16, 2008.

1. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    Before I unleash the potential for a flame war I have to say these are my opinions and I’m not forcing them one anyone else. I was initially apprehensive of animated as I thought it looked too much like Teen Titans. However, once I saw the toy prototypes I was hooked. I was impressed that Hasbro/Takara had managed to achieve such faithful recreations of the character art into toy form. I think for accuracy to the cartoon Animated has to be the best. I am a relatively young Transformers fan and I wasn't around for 'Gee Wun'. I didn't like Beast Wars and the only series I really watched was Armada. I didn't enjoy Energon and I never watched Cybertron. The movie flung me back to the fandom and Animated looks like it will keep my interest till the next movie. This may be a line I collect in full, not just the occasional Transformers

Goods:

I like the Autobots. Good characters and nice reversal of chain of command.
    I like the Decepticons. Powerful, with all the voices being spot on, and showing how they are significantly more powerful than the repair Autobots.
    I like the character designs, and I don't mind the chins. I think it’s an interesting new aesthetic to the Transformers look.
    I like the faceplates!
    I like Starscream and how he has become more ambitious and is now willing to kill his leader himself to secure leadership, not just throw him of Astrotrain.
    I like the G1 nods, which work to keep the fans happy and recreate the franchise for new fans.
    I like the way Decepticons present a real threat and how it takes all of the Autobots to take down one.
    I like the constant stream of G1 characters, with the Dinobots, Magnus, Jazz, Arcee and a whole lot more set to make appearances.

Bads:

Sari. Human side kicks always annoy me.
    I think the Professor looks weird.
    THE FACT THE TOYLINE IS COMING OUT MONTHS AFTER THE CARTOON HAS AIRED

As I said at the start I don't want to offend any one, I'm just putting my opinion out their. Feel free to disagree with my views by any means. Just don't go off on a rant. It's grown tiring now. Just save your rants for the next Transformers Movie. I'm sure lots of people will find something wrong with it and, yet again I will be too busy not caring to take any notice. I'm just here to enjoy the franchise, not insult it. Unless something goes really wrong. Then I shall become a hypocrite.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well atleast your "cons" ain't stuff like I HATE THE STYLE THEREFORE I FORCE MYSELF TO HAVE ALL THE REST OF THE SHOW :V

But I agree with Isaac Sumdac, he looks like some kind of humanized rodent!

3. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

: ( The wait for them toys is indeed agonizing!

Though I guess that's at least some hope for our wallets...

4. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

But he doesn't have a football shaped head, and more important to the whole plot arc than Sari, if you count Sari and the key as seperate entities. Sari irritates the shit out of me.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I said he looks weird, but he's still awesome.
    His voice + the fact that he trusts Megatron's Satan voice is hilarious.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Sari is a close enough version of one of my favorite animated character, Lilo, from Lilo and Stitch. Nothin' but love for that Sari, and I like her relationship with Bumblebee and the way he carries her around on his shoulder.

She is far from annoying. On the second episode, there were a few moments of "Lori, From Cybertronism" When she is talking about sleeping bags, but then in the next episode she is bringing tea to her dad, and shows a bit more of her non-hyper side, which I like. I have a very very good feeling that even her character is going to develop and have some cool moments later on. If Transformers die in this show, she is not going to be all happy and hyper.

7. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Imo, Sari is the most tolerable human in any TF series so far since Spike.Besides, she's just a little kid.
    And anyone remember the Armada and Cybertron kids? And Kicker? Ugh. The whole time I watched Armada, a lot of the cringe worthy moments belonged to them. Even the least annoying of the group, Rad was pretty stupid sometimes.

Oh and don't get me started on Kicker. I think he is pretty much the reason why Energon sucked.

Yeah. Gave me that same feeling when Sam and Mikaela rode on OP's shoulder. Free Rides![​IMG]

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Indeed. What we now know about Autobots, gathered from other threads based on the movie and Animated is that they don't know how to land on the planets they are visiting, and they carry lesser life-forms on their shoulders, kinda like cattle. Oh, and that their leaders always die...... but come back. :D 

9. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Hmm. A choice to be Meg's pet poodle or OP's cow...

Nice sig, btw, Wind. You should post that image in the 'those who dislike Animated ' thread:lol 

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hehehe, thanks. In a way, it was llamatron and Twist's idea.
    My favorite touch is the number of posts the section has.

11. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

That's the only part of her that I liked. I totally hate the hyper side, but that's just me.

I didn't even bother to watch Armada etc so I don't know how bad the humans were then, but I'm sure glad I didn't.

12. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I love that sig!

Llamatron's balls sig trend FTW, give me a sec and I'll join in...