My only concern

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Recall, May 12, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    My dad went to see the new Star Trek movie which had the latest Transformer trailer before it and he said the only thing he didn't like about what the trailer showed him was that even though it was a very tiny snipet of action it was still hard for him to follow.

He said all he noticed was a bunch of gears, levers & pullys mashing together on a bridge with so much going on that you couldn't tell what was going on nor who was who.

Is this gonna be a film where its fight scenes are so fast and frantic you can't really tell what you've watched unless you're really clued up on whats supposed to be going on?

2. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Yes. If its anything like the first movie yes.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Sadly, I think this will indeed be the case. How I wish Bayformers would be like Pete Jackson's King Kong - when Kong took on those tyrannosaurs, I was able to discern every punch, lunge, dodge and damsel hand switch.

4. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    I was able to make out what was happening.

Then again, I have seen the new trailer about a gazillion times...

5. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

I think there's a difference between a giant gorilla fighting a dinosaur, as opposed to two robots made up of about 50,000. parts each, fighting and wrapping around each other.

Of course the Gorilla is gonna be easier to follow and track then the mess of car parts.

to the OP, I think (*hope? Pray?) that Bay learned his lesson from the first movie. Just going by the trailer you can see that action is layed out better. Look at the punch that BBee lands on that one 'Con. Just that one punch is alot easier to see then almost any of the punches in the first movie.

Remember Barricade and Bee fighting, swinging around each other, hard as hell to see that Bee was swinging then slamming B'cade down? This movie looks like it's going to be much easier to see what's happening.

While still dealing with the fact that were talking complicated looking bots standing next to each other and fighting.

(hell most of the time when I look at people collections I have a hard time telling bots apart when they're all standing too close together)

6. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

the MAIN problem with the first was the budget alone. they couldnt afford to get close, well filmed shots of punches and kicks and such. THIS budget is much better so all the swings are easier to get thankfully.

7. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    So very true!

8. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

I understand what everyone is saying. I hate Bay's shakey-cam as much as the other person; but keep in mind, I would assume it's kind of hard to get all of "something" in a frame when that "something" doesn't really exist and is not really there. You know?

9. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    I like the shakey camera makes u feel there but i agree allot of the time in the first film it was so fast and that icouldnt tell who was whoo sometimes hopefully this time around it will be easier i just wish the colors of the bots were brighter but it stinks being based on the ability to "bled in" I think it will be better i deff cold tell what was going on in the trailer when i saw the trek and origins ahah everyone was awwed by it lol

10. Astrocon

Astrocon A spyware on Teletran-1

News Credits:
    I think it's more related to bay style, every trailers from his movie, was in that way.
    Kinda fast and blurry, so you'll feel more intrigue and curious.
    Anyways, take some paperbags 'cause the Pyramid scene it's gonna be fast.
    See at the trailers, those seekers!!! yeah! :D 

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Wish I could put your fears to rest, but it does seem to be the Micheal Bay signature style and he's very reluctant to change as a director. Not saying there is never a chance just that chances are looking so good since all the people signing the checks to pay for the film are asking for is just bigger, louder, and more of the same only on a larger scale.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

It actually looks as though we'll be getting clearer and more focused shots this time around.

As for your dad being unable to tell what was happening during the trailer, I think it comes down to his preference and the fact that he might not be used to the CGI and clipped action scenes. People that normally watch action films delve into other styles and genres (with or without CGI) and are used to various camera techniques. It also helps that you're a TF fan and can discern one character from the other.

13. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

I think this movie is much more polished and the robots are going to react a lot better then in the first film just because the folks making it now have a better grip on HOW to do the things they want. Its still a lot of hard work but the shaky cam still is a distraction.

14. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I think it's just a matter of the eye not being able to focus on a familiar object in such a short amount of time, that's all. When you have extended scenes, you can follow movement a bit easier.

Hell, I know what Megs looks like, but that one clip in the 2nd trailer where he rises up behind Mikaela, it took me a dozen times before I saw his face. I was concentrating on his shoulder to the right, trying to identify a face in it...

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could tell what was happening...

16. AlphaOmegaBlurr

AlphaOmegaBlurr Many paths to choose.

News Credits:
    Honestly, it's not one part connected from crotch to head. It's many CGI parts, and plus it's BAY!
    AFDSDGSFEWGJRAEM!!!!!!

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Sadly it most likely will be like the first movie; a world full of plot holes and spelling errors.

18. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

To me its a peice of cake to tell whats hapening, but as I know who evryone is or might be and have seen the trailer a million times. its probably a bit harder for other people

19. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

Youre all wrong! well, some of your are perfectly correct; who cares if the general public has no idea whats goin on? the first time i saw prime transformerating i has NO idea what all kinds of crazy stuff was going on. But now coz i know how he transforms its just real easy to get it.

I think we are all at a distinct advantage to know whats going on because most of us live on tfw2005 and are accustomed to the animation style, and designs.

So whether or not he foregoes the shaky cam only really matters to any siblings or friends ur taking along; YOU probably wont notice. and while every1 in the cinema is sitting confused, youll have a big smile on ur face coz itl be an awesome movie.

20. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

That's because Peter Jackson is methodical and meticulous with his filmmaking. Bay is just screaming "GO! GO! GO! MORE EXPLOSIONS!" But, in all seriousness, you are not alone my friend.