My old webhosting company is still haunting me...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrickyDisco, Jul 28, 2008.

1. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

Jul 2, 2002
    News Credits:
    Got an e-mail from PayPal yesterday: "Payment failed."
    Okay, this is odd, since as far as I know, I do not have any outstanding payments due.
    Turns out it's a subscription request from my old useless morons of a webhost, ''.
    My old site was hosted on there from 2004-onwards. I had my entire gallery there (10,000+ pictures) plus lots of stuff hosted online.
    May of last year the site started having problems and major downtime. Turns out they weremoving databases around without informing their users of this, so everything got screwed up.
    Then last september, after having to make some major repairs and updates to my site which were lost during the database migration, my site goes down COMPLETELY.
    It takes weeks and weeks of e-mail correspondence and phone calls to finally get the answer "your site was suspended" but nobody can give me an answer as to WHY.
    In the end I just give up and face the fact that all my stuff on there is lost and start looking around for a new host.

Twin Twist can back me up on this, he got screwed by them too a couple of years ago.

Basically the IDIOTS that SUSPENDED my site last year without ever giving me a legit reason or answer for doing so, ARE STILL TRYING TO CHARGE ME FOR THE SITE. $200!! Which is an INSANE amount!
    THANK GOD the credit card account I use for the PayPal account is currently closed, or that transaction had gone through automatically.
    Needless to say, I CANCELLED that subscription on my PayPal page ASAP and wrote a LONG AND ANGRY e-mail to turns out don't even exist anymore.
    Now they are called and have completely re-vamped the look of their site. COME ON!

Do not EVER do business with that site or any of it's affiliates. EVER.

And I'll also be keeping a closer eye on my PayPal subscriptions from now on. :( 
  2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

May 9, 2004
    They sound about as competent as my original webhost. The only way to pay them, was through the invoices they emailed out. My site went down at one point, when they didn't get paid, because they never sent me an invoice.

Of course, I also made the mistake of registering my domain name through them. I was finally able to get my domain name transferred to my own account, at the registrar they were using. (Registerfly :eek:  ) But, it took nearly two weeks of sending the guy in charge an e-mail every day. I tried calling him, but of course, he was never there, and never returned calls.

At least, I don't have to worry about them, anymore. They appear to have to gone out of business a few years ago.
  3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Sep 17, 2002
    Wow, they used to be so freaking awesome :(