Non-TF: My Noble 6 and Other Reach wips

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Cody2003, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Cody2003

Cody2003 Well-Known Member

Here is my noble 6 repaint so far. I started out with the white spartan from the two pack (wanted the elite ultra and didn't want to buy two 6 figures). The paint is base silver and flat black with charcoal weathering, and chalk pastel for mud. I did my first sculpting for this guy! the shoulder armor and hip pack. I'm going to build the sniper shoulder for the other side like my in-game 6, as well as the multi-threat chest piece once I get a spare spartan chest to build off of. I might do some other armor pieces as well for the heck of it. If I end up getting another spartan I might try to sculpt a helmet while I'm at it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The elite is all base silver and copper/gold marbling. It actually looked a lot more smooth when I finished, but apparently the primer I used to cover the white armor didn't stick well. The paint is stable now, just not as clean as it was when I applied it. The plasma rifle ended up purple because I mixed up the color for the plasma grenade, and liked it to much to throw away. lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Emile and Jorge are factory fresh, and the warthog got a charcoal weathering pass and drybrush. I plan on redoing the tires and undercarriage with mud effects that aren't gray!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

comments and crits welcome as always. It was nice to work on figures that don't have to transform for once! I'm still pretty new to weathering so if anyone has any good tips on how to go about the mud caking for the warthog feel free to tell me.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      260 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      245 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      211.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      215.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      216 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      175.6 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      169.9 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      243.7 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      553.4 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      413.5 KB
      Views:
  2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    stunning work... how on earth did you managed not to overdo the scratch/wear&tear on 6??
    and for the elite... WTH!! how did you get the white'ish bee hive mark so damn pretty?? :D 

3. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

wicked tuff lookin. thats my fav elite armor aswell. are you gonna do/post Jorge?

4. Cody2003

Thanks!

Easy! Because I painted all the armor bright silver, and then selectively brushed artists charcoal on to the paint, I was able to leave silver visible exactly where I wanted it. I did go back and drybrush a few streaks here and there, but most of it was just wiped with a finger after putting the charcoal on the paint. It gave me a lot more control on where the highlights were.

The honeycomb pattern was just lightly drybrushed with silver. that part actually only took a few seconds. lol.

Thanks! Ya. that's why I picked this set up. I loved the design, and just couldn't stand the dirty white finish it comes with.

I don't know if I'll do that much to the other spartans. If anything I might just give the dusty boots treatment to them and a few highlights, in which case I'll update this thread. Jorge's gun is the only thing that really needs that much work. I'm trying to decide if I want to paint over the white in Emile's faceplate with silver. not sure which I like better yet.

What do you think?

5. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Ok the groves of the honeycomb are engraved then?
    that first parts you mentioned with charcoal, never heard of it...
    could you describe some more or make an example or perhaps point me to a great tut?

already appreciate what you've done thnx in advance!! :D 

6. Cody2003

The pattern is actually raised relief, so it sticks out rather than is embedded. Nice and easy to drybrush that way.

As for the charcoal, have you ever used weathering powders? It's basically the same concept. you just load up a brush with the fine powder and layer it on the figure. I used the same technique to do the panel lines on the warthog there, just on a smaller scale and more heavily. I don't really have a tutorial that I know of, but if I find one I will.

7. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Sweet, where did you get that warthog? I want one!

8. Cody2003

I found this one at Target, but I have seen a few at the Walmarts around my area. I have heard that they have been at TRU for a while as well.

9. 1980kid

1980kid Well-Known Member

beautiful work, i love halo, i LOVE this!!!!