My newest toy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rob_charb, Nov 29, 2009.

1. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, I was out with my wife and one of my sister-in-laws yesterday, going to see a movie (Case 39...not that great) and was killing some time by walking around some hobby/toy shops when, lo and behold, in the middle of a Star Wars toy shop I came across a real gem. A MISB Alt Rodimus...for the price of a Voyager! Needless to say, I snapped it up! I've been trying not to buy anything, but this was too great a deal to pass up.

I am really digging this figure. The detail is fantastic, the poseability is amazing and the lack of diecast makes it much, much more stable than my BT Grimlock and Convoy. Only one problem...now I want more Alts!

Anyway, just wanted to share that. I'm gonna go play with Rodimus some more!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the toy shop is in Taiwan...so I was quite shocked to come across any Alts, let alone Rodimus!

2. batcam11

batcam11 SHINIGAMI CHOP!!!

i hope you enjoy your Rodimus for longer than a week

3. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    You should post pics of Rodimus because from what I understand, KOs of him are quite common.

4. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Wow, great find man. I'm incredibly jealous of you right now. :D 

5. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:

That occured to me as well, so I went over the package, it has all the correct markings, trademarks and whatnot, then I watched a couple of comparison videos on Youtube and Siebertron and it's the exact same down to every little detail.

Also, the place I was at (surprisingly) doesn't sell any knock-offs. I've done business in the area for years. Only the cheapy stores here will sell KO crap. I'm pretty sure it's the real deal, but I can still post some pics of it for your expert judgement :D 

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Good find. But now you have been sucked into the Alternator line, which can get pricey.

But hey, they ARE awesome.

7. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

nice find

i've managed to avoid getting into Alternators so far, because as cool at they are they all look the same to me. however like all hopeless addicts all it'll take is to see a nemesis prime at a decent price and i'll be sucked in :'(