Heavy/Scratch: My newest combiner!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Renegade Razor, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Renegade Razor

Renegade Razor Renegade Team Leader

I just made this guy yesterday. It took me almost 7 hours but it was worth it. He's very poseable, and all of the cars separate. I didn't make any modifications to the separate cars. I just put them together and worked around them. I don't have a name yet but I'll work on it. He is an Autobot though. And those are not the WST. The real Gen 1s.

[​IMG]

He's made up of these Autobots. This guy is a work in progress. I really need to finish him one day. It's a Ultra Magnus Headmaster but he will be stand alone without the suit, with a different name. And I need a new HM. The little guy has no arms.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the arms; the brothers Blaststrike and Strikeblast. They are part of my Renegade team.

[​IMG]

Razor and Sideswipe make up the legs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really like him and hope you do too. I still have to paint him and design some stickers. But most of the construction is complete. And man, is he heavy! Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

That's some pretty creative engineering right there.

He is very G1 in style, and would look right at home beside superion and other G1 figures. Not sure if I approve of all the guns, that's a lot of weapons for an autobot, but that's up to you I guess.

I imagine you're going to be doing something to make ultra magnus less sun-faded yellow and more "white" again?

3. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Looks nice

4. Renegade Razor

Yeah, the guns are for show. And the HM will get a paint job. Out of all of the Tfs, the Prime/Magnus cabs and the Sideswipe/Red Alert cars are my favorite designs. Whenever I look at them I just see customs. I'm getting ready to redesign one of my old custom characters based on a red alert design. Thanks.

5. Renegade Razor

Thank you!

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I've noticed that your custom twins Blaststrike and Strikeblast have that GI Joe reference of Tomax and Xamot. The rest of the custom is pretty cool.

7. Renegade Razor

Yeah, they are the exact opposites of each other though. In my stories, they are "cousins" to Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. You can't really tell in the pics but they are metallic purple and metallic green. I painted each one, one color, then swapped parts with the other. They turned out great. But I'm affraid the paint is starting to wear. I made them about three years ago. Thanks.

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Cool. Maybe some Future Floor Polish could help that paint wear problem.

9. nicksteele66

nicksteele66 Well-Known Member

Cool, Ultra Magnus really is a car carrier :) 

10. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Very nice. And that UM cab Headmaster is pure win. Very cool!

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That is cool. It's as if you were customizing in 1984 instead of 2010. Very cool.

12. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    My only critique would be the length of the connections the combiner hands are on (the Magnus arms plugged in under the hoods of the cars)... I think it might look better if they were shortened, so the hands started at the front bumper (not an inch out from it)....
    Otherwise, I like the concept & WIP designs... In fact, I *really* like the Headmaster on the Magnus cab!!!

I can't wait to see him wrapped up!

13. Renegade Razor

I love 1984. I don't consider any other line of Transformers except for the original 80's versions! I know this might upset some of you, but its what I grew up on and have the fondest memories of. So, thank you. I appreciate that!

14. Renegade Razor

Yeah, I only have a huge box of parts to work with and zero budget to commit to it. So I have to work with what I have. We are stuck here in a small town in VA, with only my income so its rough. But I love my bots and put alot of thought and effort into my customs. So I mean it when I say thank you for your comments!

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That does not upset me at all. :)  (but I do love the movies too. G1 and movies.)

16. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Exactly waht I thought :D  GREAT G1 FEELING!! NICE!

17. Renegade Razor

Update: Got some painting done!!!

Well, I did finally manage to get some painting done on this guy. Or rather, some of his parts. First off, here is Stryker, freshly painted. And his Headmaster buddy Cypher.

His vehicle mode is that of a cargo truck, and all of his equipment including his HM fits inside the container. I still have a little finishing touches to add to their paint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the newest members to the team, Sub Zero, and Silverstreak. I have to finish their touch ups as well and get some stickers. But money is tight right now. I love how the silver paint turned out on 'Streak! Its smooth as h*** on the hood!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is somebody I had to recreate. I made this character, Intercepter a few years ago for my custom fanfic the Renegades. But I killed him off in the story to make it dramatic after the figure got broke. But I liked him so much I decided to re-do the figure. And when I get around to writing it, I'll bring him back in the story too. Its based off both Prowl and the original diaclone design. He also needs some touches, and stickers. Reprolabels says they don't make the stickers for this even though I bought a custom set from there, so I'll have to improvise with both sets when I can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you think guys?

18. G60Force

Ebay:
    wow!!! UM cargo truck.... best seen so far... let me rephrase, "the only i've seen" :D 

19. Renegade Razor

Thanks. I have the unfortunate job of being a local truck driver. So I see a lot of trucks on a daily basis and this idea seemed cool. Fedex uses this type for the express ground deliveries.

Its designed like this:

[​IMG]

20. G60Force

Ebay:
    in robot mode it kinda reminds me of BA from A-team :D