My new Laptop/Magnifier

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jorod74, Oct 21, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

Feb 8, 2007
    News Credits:
    I just got a new laptop Friday, and though i am not accustomed to the touchpad (what it calls a mouse pad), i am really digging it.

It's a Toshiba Satellite L555D (S7910) and i got it so i could use a portable magnifier to see the boards in my classes. the magnifier works like a video camera and i can adjust contrast until i can see the screen. also, I can take snapshots (great for formulas and heavy note taking.

FYI: I finished a math and a computer class without ever reading the board- had to just listen and get the "gist" of what was being posted. So this laptop combo was a godsend.

the best part is that the magnifier works up to 72x and i have to wait until Thursday or Friday before i can take some TF pics with it. lighting in here is terrible, but i can fix that.
    Trust me, I zoomed in from 8 feet away and could tell you that my G1 Blades hadn't shaved!
    anyway, here's the specs. Tell me what ya think!
    Toshiba Satellite L555D S7910

Key Features

• 17.3-inch high-definition, LED-backlit TruBrite display (1600 x 900) for amazing color depth and clarity
    • 2.2 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-74 processor for excellent multi-tasking
    • 250 GB Serial ATA hard drive
    • 4 GB of RAM (800 MHz; maximum capacity)
    • ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics with up to 1406 MB of video memory shared with the main system memory
    • 8x SuperMulti DVD drive with double layer support and Labelflash printing
    • 1.3 megapixel with Face Recognition capabilities for added security
    • 104-key keyboard with 10-key pad
    • Draft-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
    • Fast Ethernet (10/100)
    • Built-in stereo speakers
    • Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium operating system (64-bit version) (Learn more)
    • 6-cell (4000 mAh) battery