My New Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by heshanj, Jul 5, 2008.

1. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    hello..
    im new to the forum, and also new to collecting transformers...
    my current collection consists of entirely movie premium series figures..here's wat i have so far:
    Premium Optimus Prime - my favorite in my collection, and one of the coolest primes ive ever seen..i dunno wat everyone thinks of it, but ive read good reviews on it...

Premium Ironhide - my fav autobot in the movie, this one's very nice too

Premium Bumblebee - the concept camaro 08, i love this one

Premium Autobot Jazz - im not a huge fan of jazz in the movie, and the premium series jazz isnt too great either. the arms suck.

Premium Deep Space Starscream - one of the best figures i have, this one's just beautiful. got automorph for one part, i really love this one.

Premium Barricade - i like this one in the movie, and ive read some good reviews on this one (from twf2005 too)...i personally dont really like the figure. it looks a bit basic to me...but its apparently one of the best barricades, according to some people. i like it anyway ;)  i like that frenzy is included in barricade's chest, btw... ;) 

EDIT: Premium Ratchet - better paint job than the regular movie voyager..i was quite lucky to find this one on ebay MIB. looks awesome in both modes..although im not a fan of his weapons...

EDIT: Premium Megatron - ive heard that some people dont like this one...i love it, its very cool. better paint job, looks way cooler than the regular movie leader. i prefer robot mode though.

EDIT: Premium Blackout - awesome paint job, looks really cool in both modes. however, its hard to stand this figure up with the backpack on, as the tail of the helicopter gets in the way, and he ends up balancing on 3 points (feet and tail).

EDIT: Movie Deluxe Bonecrusher - this figure is quite accurate, i think...but i find it incredibly ugly..lol. this and brawl are my only two non-premium movie figures, as they dont come in premium series, but the paint job/deco is very very good

EDIT: Movie Deluxe Brawl - also quite ugly :D  guess the decepticons have the ugly look..but still a very nice figure..in robot mode, my figures head doesnt quite snap back firmly into the back, which i didnt like. i guess its still quite secure..and looks fine

yeah, thats it...EDIT: 5 autobots, and 6 decepticons.

EDIT: now i also started on the deluxe series.. i have
    Voyager Starscream - i love this figure in both modes....transformation is sweet. i love the TFA transformations, its kinda simpler, but it still does it beautifully..i really like this starscream

Deluxe Prowl - my favorite autobot in the cartoon..this figure is probably my best..i really like it

Deluxe Bumblebee - the bot mode is kinda chunky...the alt mode is nice..quite a nice figure..

Deluxe Ratchet - i realy like this figure...i find it very accurate to the cartoon, although ive heard that some people dont like it..the alt mode is kinda simple, but the bot mode is really great..

Voyager Optimus Prime - looks great...the weapons suck, i guess...but the figure is really cool...love the head

thats it from my TFA collection. im getting leader megatron next week :D 

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  2. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    Good start! I recommend to you watching Transformers Animated on Cartoon Network or youtube. You'll want to buy the toys after that.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    If you dont have the originals premiums are the way to go.

get prime and megs leaders if you can.

non movie toys get,
    incinerator
    evac
    salvage
    and landmime

those are all great figs:thumb 

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great start bro :thumb . but be careful once you get poisoned there's no turning back :D .

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    thanks for the input! yeah, i dont have any originals, and the premiums looked the coolest ;p so i thought i'd go for those. saving up for the premium leader megatron now...
    btw, my bumblebee is having a problem transforming back to alt mode: the front of it doesnt quite snap up into place, like..the nose of the car. its kinda dipping down, and although i can push it back up, it doesnt stay up.. have i broken something :(  i hope not, and i dont think so, ive been careful with it, and its just about a week old. i'll upload a pic if i can..

6. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure this should go in the collection thread. on the other hand, welcome, i'm not so much of a vet here myself but i try to voice my opinions and thoughts here. like you, i started with the movie line but a year ago when the originals were out. i suggest animated when you're done buying movie toys, i'm a teen and i thought a stupid kiddy cartoon show will never live up to the movie (the reason i'm a tf fan in the first place) but the show is actually amazing and that also transfers to the toy line. i love it all. then when you get the time and money, check out some g1 season 1 and 2 episodes, then watch the original tf movie, and then you'll wanna pull some classics or henkei off ebay or bigbadtoystore.com they're slightly pricey, but if you're a tf fan, you'll drop the bills for them anyway (haha, i'm just kidding)

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    oops, sorry...i thought the collection thread was for posting images n stuff. at the moment i also think that the animated series cant live up to the amazig movie. but now that u mention it, i'll definitely give it a go. wats the animated series like? are those the toys that come in the other kind of box? (the more kiddish box?) and thanks for the input

8. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Welcome to the boards, nice start! I'm not a huge fan of the movie line but if I might give you a suggestion, check out Salvage and Longarm from the movie line; best deluxes from the line even thought they weren't actually in the movie.

Now that you've started, Transformers will own you from now on BTW (LOL). It always starts with just a few and then.... BOOM full out TF Geek, welcome to the club :D 

9. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i saw the deluxe salvage...but i was trying to get the complete movie collection first..and thanks for the tip. and yeah, i can feel this taking over me lol...its scary :D 

EDIT: oh, and also..do u guys keep ur transformers in the box (MISB or watever)? coz i cant help but take it out and transform it every now and then..lol..im too much of a kid to keep it packaged

10. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    If you have a local Target, all of their Transformers movie toys are on clearance (or should be soon). Premium Leader Figures are only $28, and will go to $20 and then $10 soon. The Voyager class figures are only $13.85, and deluxes are, I think, $7. All really good deals, so check your local Target!

11. justinRODimus

yes, these are the ones in the more kid-friendly box (but they're all toys arent they) and they'll say transformers animated all over them with cartoon images and everything. they are incredible figures even though people complained about them when they first came out but many of the problems can be easily fixed. the show is great, there are a few episodes you could skip and still have clue whats going in. if you go to youtube, theirs a user named Fantransformers that has all the episodes (or at least the recent ones) so when your bored and have alot of freetime, search fantransformers and the top hit is his profile and you'll enjoy. the reason i say you could skip some episodes is that some of the early episodes had stories that didn't invlove the decepticons almost at all. but defenitely check it out

12. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    damn, i wish i lived in the US with target giving these at such low prices! im in singapore..i recently paid S$79 for my premium leader prime (usually S$99), which is around US$60. lol. ah well, cant be helped. and im definitely checking out the animated series when i have time.

13. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    btw...wats the premium series like, which transformers are available in the range? i couldnt find out for sure, i found this list from a site a while back, i dunno if its upto date:
    1. Barricade*
    2. Ironhide *
    3. Blackout
    4. Autobot Jazz *
    5. Bumblebee 08 Camaro *
    6. Deep Space Starscream *
    7. Optimus Prime (leader class)*
    8. Megatron (leader)

*the ones i own

are there anymore in the premium series?

14. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    The first Premiums:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. justinRODimus

and deep space starscream is a premium i think.

16. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :ROCK

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Sounds like a great collection. I hope you enjoy 'em!

18. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Good start to your collection. I see that you're in Singapore, have you tried ordering from Robotkingdom.com? Shipping for you would be that bad and their prices are awesome. Highly recommended retailer.

19. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, deep space starscream is a premium. so the list i posted is the entire range of premiums? the ones i marked with * is wat i own, so i need only two more? i guess it'll be hard finding a premium ratchet (the first series?)..and i need blackout and megatron...if anyone knows if there are others in the premium series, please let me know. and wats the best ratchet i can get to go with my collection? thanks!

EDIT: i checked out robotkingdom, thanks..
    is the movie voyager ratchet good for my collection?
    http://www.robotkingdom.com/service...CatType=Category&II=TFMVAR&lang=us&CatID=1_49

20. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi bro since you're in s'pore have you ever thought of checking out China Square Central (near chinatown)?

There's a sunday flea market there, starts at 9am till 5 pm. i've seen alot of TF movie stuffs going for dirt-cheap prices. btw there's also quite a few import toyshops over there too.