2D Artwork: My namesake character; Surge!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Surge, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I've had some ideas for a character based on my screen name here at TFW so I decided to draw him today. Here, he is drawn in the Animated style; well....supposed to be anyway. I somewhat had inspiration from ROTF Devastator, hence the colors and the gorilla-like proportions. He is basically an electricity-based powerhouse lol. By the way, I would really appreciate it if there are any professional Animated artists here who are willing to make my character look better and more like how they do in the show. :) 

Character Motto: "Electrocutions and executions are my specialty." - lame I know, but who cares.

NOTE: If you don't know what a bucket truck is, here's an example below...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Impressive. His head looks like ROTF Soundwave (coincidence?).

3. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Thanks! :D  And yeah, I had some minor inspiration from ROTF Soundwave; mainly just the visor.

4. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Eh. This thread should be deleted. I've kind of changed my character; he's an Autobot and different alt. mode; black '09 Dodge Nitro. I change my mind a lot but this is final. Surge stays an Autobot and Dodge Nitro. Mods! This thread is free for a lockin'/deletion.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Why not just simply create another thread with your updated character? I think that would be best :wink: 

6. Magmatron22

Magmatron22 HADOUKEN!!!

Wow you did a great job on this. the simplicity of it mixed with movie former charecteristics realy works well. he kinda looks like a combontion of baricade and bone crusher (my 2 favorite movie 1 cons :D )

7. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I guess I could try that; I'll keep the same head design, but change the body a bit to fit the Dodge Nitro. I REALLY want to draw a movie-style version of him but I'm not that good at drawing small details. I guess I could draw my new Animated version some day and ask someone to make a movie version so I could put it in my sig. Having Josh Nizzi do the work would be a dream come true. :D 

8. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Thank you! :D  Yeah, he does look a bit like Bonecrusher, with the bucket lift/claw of doom behind him lol.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This sounds great!

I'd like to see you tackle this project on your own, but if you really want someone else to do it, simply post a thread in the "Commissions Requests" forum here :) 

Keep up the good work, and keep us posted on your progress! :thumb