I was gonna wait until I got my Jazz finished to post this thread but I've gotten a considerable amount of him done already. This is another reshell project I've had planned for a while and have just recently started on. Needless to say, I was dissapointed with Smokes Alt form. So I'm giving him a major rehaul into his former G1 form. He is from a Smokescreen Alt and the kit I'm using is the Bob Newman Racing Datsun 280-ZX. And since I cannot seem to find a kit of the 280z ZX GTU and the kits made by AMT are too small... this one is the perfect choice. Again... some major grinding had to be done to the old fenders of Smokes to accomidate the Datsun shell. The rear axel pins had to be removed (so they can be repositioned later) and most of the original wheel well is now gone. I also had to remove pretty much the entire front of the Alt dash to fit the new windsheild in place. I thought I was gonna have to use some hobby hinges for the doors, seeing as the Datsun doors dont line up with the original door hinges. But after removing the hinge I figured a way to reposition it using only one screw instead of both. A little cutting and grinding of the peice and the door now hinges farther out and further back. Alot more of the dash had to be removed and cut back on this one due to the new windsheild so I think I'm just gonna cut it all the way down and just use the Datsun dash that came with the kit. The way the G1 Smokes transforms isnt all that different from the Alt. I've already made a hinge assemble out of styrene tubing and metal wire for the back hatch. Some of the material in the back had to be ground down so there's enough room to put the pivot in between the hatch and back of the car without causing them to be raised up. Now all I have to do is soak all my parts and start painting. It will, however, require ALOT of masking to get him painted like the original. And the decals I'll be getting from reprolabel.