My movie hype is back

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MaikeruSan, Jun 23, 2008.

1. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    After ignoring every but of news from Transformers 2 till yesterday I AM KNOW HYPED. When the movie ended the toys were stocked full on shelves and the movie basiclly beat the dead horse. I was very excited for TFA. But TFA has really stoped appealing to me. I like it but the writing keeps getting worse with a leason at the end instead of a well a real story. I was also shot down when animateds quality controll was TERRIBLE. So I am really hyped for this new movie. I cant wait to see the toy of the NEW characters.

2. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm pretty excited about this movie, now that I see new cars showing up on set, etc. I don't know how deep into the spoilers I'll get, cause with the first one, I saw the first Megatron images and stopped there, opting to wait and be surprised, which worked out well for me. I'm particularly excited because TFA was just so terrible. I'm probably in the minority, but I thought the animated toys were just terrible. Not into the design esthetic at all. The new Universe line hasn't appealed to me either, so I'm hoping TF2 reignites my TF collecting desires. The good news is, I'll probably save lots of money in the meantime.

3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I can't say I was hyped, but I was watching some of the filming tonight at the Princeton campus. It was kinda cool to watch.

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i'm SO excited for the movie. the only way for me to not go crazy is to check out spoilers. otherwise my brain would implode from lack of knowledge and speculation.
    and animated as a TV show is kinda silly to me, but i LOVE the toys.

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Congrats! You got back into the hype just 367 days until the second movie!

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I was pretty disapointed by the first time so I'm going to try it the other way around. I think I might have bought into the don't worry just like your old Transformers and the director has matured so the film couldn't live up for me to all the stuff I was hearing.

Going to set the bar low this time and not fall for any hype or buzz to see if I end up with a better time at the movies. Not just Transformers bashing since summer '07 was loads and loads of hype that none of the films lived up to. Set my expectation bar really low for '08 and I've had a pretty good time at the movies this summer.

Might help a bit knowing what sort of Transformers universe I'm headed into this time as well. Instead of comparing it to other series there will be the first movie to compare it to.

But still it's fun to see the set pictures and it's fun with all the fan speculation as to what might or might not be a Transformer. Interviews are bit boring right now, but I don't think they are going to talk robots until the movie is close to release.

7. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Man, I'm so hyped, I'm obsessed again. Sucks that I made an official TF2 thread on another forum, because now I carry the burden to keep that thread updated, so I just can't avoid TF2 news. Oh well, only a year left :) 

By the way that thread is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250694

8. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

The Hype is practically the best part about the movies. I actually enjoyed trying to find out new info more than seeing the movie

but thats just me. These boards are a hell of a lot more fun when the movie is about to pop :) 

9. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    i must of lucked out, cause all of my aniamted figures are flawless

yes, i am ready but am i ready for the toys? hell no, cause i know if the toys are engineered like the past group of moive toys i might get the main cast and no one else. cause them movie figures are NOT fun to play with.....while they might have a few fun to fiddle with *ie voyager prime* they spend time in a box and will go on a shelf when i get off my lasy butt. sure i loved the hell out of them when i was hyped up over the movie...but now i am just meh....of course i can't resist any new transformers, so once my hype returns to full i will be buying like crazy

10. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

:lol  this

11. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    been hyped since tf1

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i agree with optimus major on all points lol, my movie figs got tossed in a box, there to9 remain until i a) sell them or b) put up new shelves