Minor/Repaint: My movie customs

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by iDarkDesign, Apr 21, 2008.

1. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I can't get used to this new kind of thread/posts.. I would've loved to bundle the threads together and post all my progress photo's too...

oh well.

Here are my recently finished movie customs!

There's Final Battle Jazz.... He was more of a study for the regular jazz but since I was looking for something fun I decided to let the dremel loose on poor Jazz. He's got lot's of serious battle-damage. Missing a hand and being ripped apart by Megatron a scratch-build spine.
    (more FB Jazz here: http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/repaints-and-minor-mods-4/final-battle-jazz-164378/ )

Then there's Ironhide. I modded Ironhide's guns to look more like the movie versions. Cut away a lot of pieces and added a lot of parts. I had already posted pics of his truck mode. I added long smokestacks to Ironhide and a regular step-tube.
    (More Ironhide WIP here: http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/repaints-and-minor-mods-4/movie-ironhide-wip-164693/ and here http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/repaints-and-minor-mods-4/wip-movie-ironhide-164483/ )

I gave regular Jazz some paint touch-ups and I gave him the robot replica hands + weapon. IMO this gives Jazz just a little bit more of his lankiness. I can't make him any better than this.

I had done Ratchet ages ago (was my first) and I'm still very proud of him!
    (more Ratchet here: http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-cus...-4/movie-ratchet-repaint--reprolabels-164325/ )

Can't find the Barricade WIP pages anymore. Too bad. I gave Barricade the Satome treatment. RR hands + head. Strobelights of course and I made his bullbar more accurate (more bars) I articulated Frenzy (everything moves) and I cut away a lot of plastic from his head, legs and hands. I also added a third finger with all hands.

Sam is a repainted Stikfas (kid) holding some stickfas glasses.

Currently I'm touching up Premium Prime to look more accurate and have the same plans for Bumblebee (both versions), Devastator (leader) and Blackout. Waiting for premium Starscream before I start that one.

iDD

Attached Files:

2. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    These are all great! I love all the little details especially on Ironhide, such as the coppery tubing on his modded cannons. His legs look cool too, and I like all the little "paint chips" on the black. I did something similar to mine, using movie stills and that old Lunchables wallpaper for reference. I might have to get the reprolabels set for my own Ironhide custom, just for those 4500 series stickers. I've never been a big final battle-ized fan, but Jazz is very nicely done.

3. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    thanks! Reprolabels are awesome! They fix up every bot you have!

of course I used the lunchables wallpaper too!!

FB. Oh well, Jazz was the only one worthy of an FB treatment.

iDD

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    All of these pieces look great man! I think this is the first time where we've seen a movie Jazz that is truly lifeless looking. You REALLY pulled that off well. I actually get sad looking at it (but that's because of the good work you've given him :lol )

Great work man and I hope we see more again from you soon! :thumb 

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Sam looks like he's about to puke lol

6. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Good point! I've seen a lot of Jazz torn in two customs, but this one really looks like he's dead somehow. I think it's the coloring, not just the scarring/damage that gives him that lifeless quality. Again, props on your customs!

7. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Thanks a lot! I was worried that all of you thinked they were below par as I didn't get any comments.

I will be posting new ones when they are finished!

thanks

iDD