3D Artwork: My most recent commission (non TF)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Draven, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Recently I've been working on a set of spacecraft models for a client that will be used to create physical models for a tabletop strategy game. They will be 3D printed and used to make moulds for the game's miniatures.
    The client has given me permission to show off the first few models, so I thought I'd display them here.
    I was given somewhat vague and sketchy concept art and asked to duplicate it faithfully. However after the work I did on the first ship (the perspective on the art was screwed to hell, and I had to add a lot of detail), I was given pretty much free reign to run with it from then on.
    Anyways.
    The first 2 models are from the same race, a somewhat insectoid one who have been capable of space travel for quite some time. I tried to represent this technlogical advancement, and their in certain aspects of the design.
    Spaceship #1 - medium cruiser:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Spaceship #2 - interceptor:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The second race hasn't been a spacefaring civilisation for nearly as long; whereas the first race has clearly had more time to develop their technology, this race has had to cobble their ships together experimentally. I see them as being somewhat aggressive and eager to prove themselves to the other races.
    The only one of their ships I have built so far is this, a short range fighter:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Intelligent comments and crits welcome as always.

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey man, one of the things that I really like about these is very reminiscent of the spacecraft from Aliens is that these look like weapons themselves. As always, your work is excellent. Thanks for sharing, man :thumb 

3. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking good - I hope you've worked out the logic behind the spaceships having wings/fins (the second one looks like it be partialy atmospheric)

4. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

love the second one, great job