My Megatron theory (warning, might be a spoiler if true…)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lt.col. alexander powers, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Lt.col. alexander powers

Lt.col. alexander powers threat level Gamma

After looking at the various Transformers Movie script reviews and seeing the Megatron designs and full body in CGI, some puzzling questions comes to my mind…

1) Why Megatron looks as if he keeps his insect-like "Pre-Earth" Mode all through the movie and doesn't modify from his protoform to the Earth-form like the rest of the Transformers?

2) Why Megatron keeps his Alien Jet form while all the other characters seem to scan and mimic real earthly things they see (cars, military vehicles and airplanes) and later on change to the things they've scanned?

3) Why do we see pictures of Megatron frozen in ice?
    And various Antarctic elements on the set?
    http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/data/1410/medium/megatron-05.jpg
    http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/data/1432/medium/255233244_ba71bfbe89_o.jpg

So… (Hope I won't disappoint anyone and make a complete fool if myself like I usually do...)

The movie opens 1 million years ago with the Energon cube hurtling through space on it’s path towards Earth. A narrator tells us that the ravages of war destroyed Cybertron, a war raged between the legions who worship chaos and those who follow freedom, my guess is that short time after that Megatron arrived to Earth in search of that Energon cube or maybe because he was banished from Cybertron after being held responsible for the war, he has (technical faults?) in his arrival resulting in his crash-landing in the artic circle.

Again, from the bits we know from the script, the next scene is in the artic circle somewhere in 1860 - 1890 on a national Antarctic expedition and focus on a derelict sailing vessel trapped in ice. The crew works desperately to free the ship. Whilst the captain and crew are working, a huge rift opens and we see the captain standing on the palm of a giant steel hand. A mechanized face is embedded within the ice wall, probably the face of Megatron. The Captain wipes away ice to reveal symbol on the mechanoid – the Decepticon emblem. The captain starts chopping away at the ice to take a better look, activates something on the robot’s chasis and something happens, again, I'm guessing it's some sort of an electronic beacon calling out for the rest of his Decepticon buddies, if the number of year seems familiar to you. It's the same number that appears on Barricade's car logo "incorporated June 1865", the year the Decepticons got the first sign of life from their lost leader…

later on, during the attack on the Soccent Operations Center, Blackout (still being called Vortex in the script) rips the roof off of the JOC JOINT OPERATIONS CENTER and attempts to hack into the computers and tries to download a file named: PROJECT: ICE MAN, classified as TOP SECRET: SECTION SEVEN ACCESS ONLY, the "ICE MAN" is possibly Megatron being kept inactive under maximum secrecy in some hidden government/military facility, I assume the Decepticons will finally manage to reach him and free him.

As described in that version of the script we get to see Megatron briefly in the beginning of the film (embedded within the ice) and for a few seconds when Optimus shows the holographic image to Sam and Mikaela. We really don't get to see Megatron until the 87th page of a 111 page script; perhaps it's the scene when the Decepticons accomplish their mission in arriving to the Hoover Dam, recharging the Energon cube and reviving their dormant leader?

This theory can explain why Megatron keeps his protoform mode and his Alien Jet form; he is an ancient Transformer version much older then the rest of the Decepticons and Autobots characters which arrive a few thousands years later to Earth, he doesn't have the ability to scan and mimic other vehicles, and anyway, during most of the movie he's inactive until the final battle scene.

2. indecks

indecks Banned

Im not sure I see your theory. You just described everythign that happens in the script as your theory.

3. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

True ,aldo this theory could be plausible. o_o

4. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Actually, his theory is that Megs is way older than the others, and thus cannot transform. But, Powers, since you've read the script, you know Megs is Optimus' twin brother, which makes that theory *invalid*, since Optimus has got the scan ability.

Reading it, though megs indeed arrived before there were any vehicles to mimick, once freed it just seems Megs doesn't bother with camouflaging because they're already in the midst of the final battle and he despises human things anyway. He's also got a bit of a "me grimlock badass" thing going, an obvious superiority complex.

5. Lt.col. alexander powers

Well, you are correct about Megs and Optimus being twin brothers (although almost no reference to that in the script), but as I mentioned, Megs crush-landed on Earth thousands of years ago and got trapped in ice until freed and reactivated by the Decepticon, during that time Optimus was still active on Cybertron so he could obtain the scanning and mimicking abilities, those are probably new technologies developed by the TF long after Megs vanished from Cybertron, even if he wanted, in this stage Megs can't alternate himself to an "Earth-form" version, maybe later on TF 2nd movie…

At least give me some credit on the Barricade's car logo idea…

6. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    yes, this is close to the truth. he is arrogant and sees humans as insignificant fleshbags and is disgusted at the idea of lowering yourself to try and look like a human vehicles

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure he can reformat if he wants. He just doesn't want.

However, the 1865 thing is a good catch. I never noticed that.

8. Lt.col. alexander powers

Finally! Thanks MegaMoonMan :thumb 
    I bet if I'll keep on searching, my Polish-built-in-nagging-scanner will find other hints…

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah - can't believe I missed that.

I was wondering about the 1865 date myself.

10. The Fortress Maximus

The Fortress Maximus Has a toilet in his head

To be fair, the Megatron as they describe him in the script, would not really need or want an Alt mode. The Alt modes serve as disguises. Once Megatron breaks out, in the situation they place that in the script, he wouldn't really need a disguise.

11. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, the Barricade car logo is a cool thing. An awesome tidbit, even, which could maybe indicate that some 'cons arrived on earth as soon as they got Megatron's emercency signal.

But the "Megs as an old model" theory is just pure speculation, not backed up with anything. Yes, Megs arrived on earth first. But that doesn't mean he's any less advanced. If anything, he's certainly described as the most powerful of them all. He's not even affected by the plasma blasts and heat rounds like the others. He still transforms into a hypersonic jet, morphs his arms into "dozens of firing turrets"... He's got all the other abilities the movie transformers display, usually more impressive, it doesn't really fit with an old model.

It's just that he's reactivated at the beginning of the final battle. There's no need for concealing, they know where the allspark is, he's convinced he's the strongest TF, about to conquer earth as soon as he gets the allspark... makes no sense to suddenly wander around, find a camouflage and stand idle for a bit while he's reformatted. Instaed he goes straight for the allspark, which is the thing he'd logically do.

At least if there was some indication related to a TF evolution or upgrade in the script, it'd be worth considering, but there's no mention of what they did before coming to earth apart from fleeing cybertron's war and searching for the allspark.

You say "almost no references to" Ops and Megs being twins - well, there's still some. Why would Ops lie?. "Almost none" is not the same as "none", and well, there may be "almost no" reference to them being twins, but there *is* certainly no reference to Megs being unable to scan.

I mean it certainly *is* an interesting theory, but there's nothing backing it up.

12. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I figure during either the final battle or the last 10 minutes Megatron would have to get a Earth mode (heavy damage from Prime/ Starscreams inevitable treachery) to repair the damage ( so we could get 2 Megatron movie figures of the Ultra though Leader size this summer!)

13. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My personal theory about Megatron is

SPOILERS FOLLOW:
    not only does he not have the time to get an Earth-mode before he fights Prime, the reason that he seems extra spiky compared to all the other bots is from all the sparks he's consumed. We know he's like BM Megs, absorbing sparks of other bots. When Primal just shared his body with Prime's spark, he gained two new vehicle modes.

If Megatron has absorbed thousands of sparks, he might be some kind of 10 to the 9th power changer. Able to take on any vehicle form from any spark he's ever consumed. We only get the time to see him in jet mode because of his limited time in the movie. But, I think we'll see him use these abilities in his fight with Prime. Able to shape any weapon from any part of his body that he can think of, similar to the T-X from Terminator 3, and one of these will be the classic arm cannon.

14. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Gawd Megs, suck it up and get you some clothz

I don't like that concept story of Megs and Prime as brothers, it doesn't follow the old mythology of WW or the G1 series, and I'm wonderin' now too, why didn't Bay watch the old episodes? Or are they too good for his 'directors' view.

And Megatron consuming the sparks of other Trans, or how that goes. That's just creepy. Weird. And stupid. I don't know, I don't think it's the lifeforce of the Trans being consumed or anything like that, I just don't like the thought of Megs assimulating all those sparks in him. It doesn't seem visible. It's not the powering up thing either. I don't know what it is really.

Maybe it's like, if Megs can eat other sparks to get stronger then why doesn't Starscream do that? What's so special about Megs, despite the reference he's much older than the other Transformers (and therefore couldn't be Prime's twin), and maybe doesn't have scan abilities, why does it only work for him. It seems too simple

<~~~ If I may speak. Sorry, this turned into a hater post. I'm totally syced about the movie and can't wait to see it in theaters, it's gonna be better than X-mas it feels. Peace bros!!! :rock 

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Bay was sent to "transformers school" essentially. he learned a lot about the series. he probably watched quite a few of the old episodes.

The reason this new prime and megatron don't follow the old mythology of War Within (which essentially no longer exists after DW's collapse), or G1, its because THIS MOVIE IS NOT G1. It's a new continuity. new universe. just like RiD and the Unicron Trilogy. Getting mad about this movie not following G1 continuity is just as rediculous as getting mad that it doesnt follow the continuities of Cybertron, RiD, or the 1980's Big Looker Storybooks.

DAMN good catch on the 1865 bit. I never noticed that until now. very observant.

16. DaraRex2.0

Garwsh. Sorry 'bout that. I just don't like characters makin' such a personal matter of their relations and origin. Not personal personal as humans see it but another view that I've given some thought and find it difficult to explain aloud.

I don't know what the Autobots were doing until Bumblebee sent that singal out to call them, where they were or whatever, but they've been going on this war for millions of years and all of a sudden.....
    Spoiler: Jazz or Ironhide asks if Prime can do it, can he kill his brother? Do they ask him that everyday or is this their anniversary?

I'm hoping Bay rethought that part of Megs and Prime's relationship. They're two different races built for two different purposes. Prime is houseware and Megs is weapons of war. That kinda explains why the Decepticons are so inclined to war

Question: What 1865 bit???

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The original post.

Again, you're letting G1 influence your opinion of this new continuity.

18. DaraRex2.0

<SigH> I know, I know. I'll stop complaining. It just seems wrong Prime and Megs as brothers, that's gonna be the only thing I'll wake up in the morning hating.

I'll just live with it then

We still got Origins comin', right? I'd like to see how Megs got his start. I've already seen Prime as a librarian in WW :ev: 

<~~~ Going to see movie to watch giant robots become cars and various other vehicles, and vice versa

19. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

I think they are mentioned as brothers not because they are from the same production type of robot but both have been created for the same purpose: to lead.
    So both robots are Leader class Transformers.

And about Megatrons missing earth Alt Mode...I would say he didn't intend to adopt an earth form because he doesn't need it. Just give him a big cannon and I will hail Megatron ;) 

20. rollout!

rollout! Prime's Little Helper...

Or he hasn't got an alt mode because he's been messed about with so much by the 'fleshbags' that his scan/mimic ability is screwed up.

Nice on the 1865 thing by the way. I just assumed that this was already on the police vehicle when Barricade scanned it :redface2: