my meager collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by domientius, Dec 3, 2007.

1. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Aside from what I'm selling, I have select things I will be keeping-

[​IMG]

Primus(traded from megamus, incomplete).
    Robovision Optimus Prime(traded from djphlipz)
    leader optimus Prime(purchased on toy launch day)

[​IMG]

bootleg oversized Reflector(traded from megamus)
    carded BW Airazor(traded from megamus)
    boxed club exclusive Airazor(traded from megamus)
    Armada Airazor with minicon(bought loose from BBTS)

[​IMG]

Cybertron Thunderblast(bought new)
    G2 Megatron(bought from BBTS)
    reissue Galvatron(bought new from BBTS)
    Armada Unicron(used a couple months back)
    Cybertrom Unicron(traded from megamus)

above the toys are some animation cels I own, in record sleeve frames.

As I'm not much focused on toys anymore, I'll feature pics of other things I "collect"-

My slim PS1(2nd controller not plugged in, I just got this for $24)
    [​IMG]

Animation cels
    [​IMG]
    a larger sized multi-layered Captain Planet cel with hand-painted background, probably from one of the early episodes. Stapled together at the top. And a Peter Venkman cel with color copy background and pencil drawing.

[​IMG]
    2 Ghostbusters Janine cels. First didn't photograph well due to lighting but it's GB Janine and Slimer in a sheet. 2nd is "happy time" Janine apparently. It did have a damaged cel of the back of Peter's head stuck to it, but I removed it.

[​IMG]
    2 Sailor Moon head shots. These cost a massive fortune to obtain. Painted backgrounds I believe, but they might just be color copies from the way they are cut. Note that I might sell the civilian Usagi cel, if I get offered the right price for it.

[​IMG]
    Civilian school outfit Sailor Jupiter. Didn't really cost me much as I recall. I have the pencil drawing to this.

[​IMG]
    I had a typical "anime phase" and bought a small number of statues at some point, and... probably should have kept any boxes. I can't sell these as they're unlikely to survive shipping. The classic Sailor Moon by Kotobukiya and the SuperS Moon by Kaiyodo cost me about $200 apiece... yeah, really should have kept those boxes. The Space Channel 5 statue by Palisades cost me only $15. The 2 Moon statues up front(Jupiter, Dark Lady) are knockoffs of garage kits. Dark Lady has a crack in ehr ankle, but the casters had good sense to run a sturdy metal wire through the thing. The Jupiter arrived with a chipped bow. These are cast porcelain.

The 2 statues in back are of an unknown maker. 16" tall each and cut off at the knees, resting on a black base with their name in kanji. V's left arm and Moon's hair bits come off. My searching for the ID on these statues has turned up the occasional eBay auction and other picture of knockoffs which often lack things like bows and extra hair bits. I've seen Venus, Mercury and Jupiter otherwise. I believe mine are poured resin or polystone with some carving to some parts after mold removal.

I'm not really attached to these statues anymore, but their unlikelihood of shipping survival has forced me to keep them. I also have a large angel statue with big wings and a gigantic sword, but she's not "work safe"(no clothes and basically pole dancing around the sword) so I excluded her from the photo.

2. defstar

defstar Autobot...

BW carded Airazor...nice... :thumb 

3. domientius

I called one of my local favored shops. He's got a 6.0 megapixel camera he'll sell for $50. I'll pick it up Wednesday.

4. domientius

got the new camera, new pics up

5. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    great!

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Thunderblast is a surprise. I'd like to know whats so awesome about that figure that you'd include it in this compressed collection. It is a great collection though. The cartoon accurate colors galvatron is very easy on my eyes.

7. Uncrazimatic

Uncrazimatic Uncrazimatic Bore

i wonder what your collection looked like pre-fire sale. nice keepers tho :) 

8. domientius

Aside from only ever finding ONE in a store(excluding the TRU $30 3-packs) I generally like the female TFs that manage to look it. TM2 Blackarachnia and movie Arcee are the only other ones that really do(I'm regretting selling that Arcee now, but they seem common to find in stores right now). TM Airazor sort of does.

This really only covers toys that actually transform. It's easy to make a statue look female, but a toy that transforms seems rather difficult for the designers.

9. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    meager you say...i think it's quite top notch...i like it

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice pieces.

11. domientius

added a lot of non-TF collection pics for n reason other than to pad the photo count.

12. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

LOVE the ghostbusters cells.