My Masterpiece Ops question, regarding parts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Oric, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think the only course of action I got is the junkion but maybe someone else has an idea of what to do.

Here is my problem, I just bought a MP-04; pulled it out of the package yesterday, and on the tab that houses the cab lights, the small rectangular piece is entirely missing. Meaning all I have is an indent with no glue residue and two silvery 'dots' that the cab lights on the right arm covering would be.

I bought it from a retailer on ebay, the item had never been opened, and of course the figure is in robot mode to begin with so it wasn't even visable.

Sending the thing back from Canada to Australia, pay duty a second time and shipping is going to be so expensive I may as well buy a brand new MP-04.

I don't know where a junker can be found,or such seemingly obscure parts can be purchased. This is quite the headache being such an expensive figure to begin with. Anyone have an idea where I ought to be looking or my best bet? The auctioneer is agreeing to help me in my pursuit.

2. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

If you could post a couple pics, maybe a custom/repair solution can be found.

3. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    !!!!!

.... what a fantastic idea!

Do you think a suitable replacement could be made?

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keep looking for junkers man.

5. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

First identify what part you would need, then see if it's something you could make, repair, customize, etc.

You may not need a whole or part of a junker MP Prime; plus that could get pricey. You may just need something simple. Again, a pic would help determine the exact problem since I can't tell from just the desciption alone - I even read it while looking at my Prime.

6. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Sounds like the little square part that flips up to conceal the end of Primes arm where his hands are pulled into.

7. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ^ last guy in this is pretty close, but if your looking at that tab that conceals the end of primes fist, the rectangular piece with the lights on is actually a separate piece from the tab itself. The bevel gives it away if you know what to look for.

I dont think I can personally make a custom of this. its the transluscent plastic underneath and the red rectangle that it fits into, then that thing i assume is adhered to the tab concealing the arm. if you were to pull that piece right out, where the lights should be there is actually two very silver 'dots' the lights would fix over top of.

8. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

9. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Now I see. The panel holding the lighting piece is a seperate plate on top of the folding panel that hides Prime's arms. You can see the edge where the two panels lay on top of each other.

I'm sorry, but this would be complicated to reproduce because it involves more than one component. Even if you had access to the molding equiptment, you would need to find a way to seperate the matching panel on the other side of Prime to create the covering for the lighting piece. This is also unusual as this could only have happened on Takaras end - it could not have been a "damaged shipping" thing. Does Takara/Tomy have customer service contact info? They may be able to send you just that piece and you could easily glue it back in place.

My other idea would be to check a local hobby/model store. Since it's a vehicle related part maybe you could find something in a cheap model kit or at least a passable substitue - I mean model cars have headlights, too. The local shop owner might even have ideas, since again, it's vehicle related and not some unique "robot" piece.

That's all I got...

10. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn, man, that sucks.

I do know guys use the MP Prime mold for customs, post your pic in the Radicons forum.

Might get lucky and someone might have it. Worth a shot.

11. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    !!!

wonderful idea!!!!

12. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I had a 20th Anniv Prime with exactly the same problem. You could try finding a cheap one of these for the part - although it will still be expensive. The only other alternative that I could think of was take the other side off, and build both sets from plastic card piece, so they would at least be symmetrical.