My Little Pony

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like Starlight has locked up Spike in the closet again and took over his role, and only brought him out to clean hair. Would have been nice to see him react to his waifu having bad hair, and then his subsequent reaction when she got all punk rock.

Still, it was a cute episode. Punk Rock Rarity, Punk Rock Derpy, and Photo "Solid Snake" Finish were my favorite parts.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  2. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Folks sure aren't discussing the recent season as often as they used to, perhaps we've begun to feel worn out by the episodes of late???

An interesting episode today with some fun moments, and it was nice to see Fluttershy and Twilight teamed up again on their own, especially when Fluttershy was so cute this entire episode. Six more to go and we'll be ready for the movie... Hey wait, if the movie is out in another two weeks (Early October right?) doesn't that mean we'll be behind in airings unless we get two a weekend this time?

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The majority of people who used to discuss the show themselves aren't around anymore...which given when they were around it was a bit too much like a 4chan thread in here, is a better change of pace.

In truth, while Season 7 has been a refreshing breath of new life into the show after Season 6 was split between mediocre and great episodes, it's still seven years since the show premiered and many of the people who jumped on the bandwagon have since jumped off as they lost interest in the show and people liking MLP: FIM became more mainstream.

4. Primal1987

News Credits:
    Another strong Fluttershy episode this season. Nice to get a double dose of Zecora these past couple weeks. Lots of cute moments, and even Cat Tail provided some fun comic relief.

It's possible, which is unfortunate. I liked seeing others thoughts on the episode. Maybe it'll pick up slightly when the movie comes out.

5. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Wasn't the show in mid-season hiatus? Last one I saw was The Perfect Pear and for some reason completely fell off my radar! I need to catch up now!!

6. Primal1987

News Credits:
    Decided to do an "Everything Right/Wrong With..." video for the Summertime Shorts. Enjoy.

7. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Goodness, an entire episode centered on the CMC and NOT 1 single appearance by a Mane 6 or even Starlight despite the plot for the episode being straight up her alley. I half expected the CMC to consult Starlight because of her former views on Cutie Marks, but nope, they didn't go the obvious route and shoehorn her in.

This was a pretty great episode honestly, cute and fun and the musical number was pretty awesome too.

8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still like the show, but I rarely ever participated in discussions about it. Transformers is the only thing I ever really devoted any time to in a fandom. Everything else I love, I tend to enjoy it on my own & feel no need to seek out discussions on them.

9. Primal1987

News Credits:
    I thought the resolution was a bit rushed, but "Marks and Recreation" was a fun watch. At first, I thought I was going to hate Rumble, but his motivations actually made sense, and was a realistic fear that young ponies would have about gaining a cutie mark. It was nice the narrative didn't end with Rumble getting his cutie mark; it probably would have been too much for the episode. The song was good, if lengthy, which may have taken some time away from the resolution.

10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Anybody know if there's an embargo on reviews for the film? Because information even after the leak is not easy to find.

However, from what I have been able to find, the plot isn't terribly strong but the performances, animation, and songs are bordering disney quality. It's also pulling a 7.4 on IMDB even though Rotten Tomatoes isn't showing an aggregate score.

11. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    YES!

12. Primal1987

News Credits:
    From what I understand, there's an embargo on movie reviews until tomorrow. There are reviews out on youtube, but they're the result of screenings in Germany or a screening a couple weeks ago. There was one guy who posted a review a couple weeks ago, and people thought he was lying, due to the embargo (and because he said the movie wasn't anything special), but it turned out to be legit.

I've been hearing mixed-positive reactions. The overall feeling I'm getting is that the animation is gorgeous, but the story plays it safe to try to appeal to all audiences instead of just appealing to fans. I personally don't see a problem with that, but I'll decide when I see it Thursday night. :) 

13. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if you guys want to know the quality of the movie before going and seeing in theaters, you're in luck. A 1080p copy leaked online last night. I checked it out and it's legit.

(I'm surprised people aren't talking about the leak yet. Outside of some heavily moderated discussions on Reddit and 4chan it doesn't seem to be getting reported on.)

14. Primal1987

News Credits:
    I'd rather go to the theater to watch it.

15. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had no interest in seeing the movie in theaters but the first 20 minutes I watched changed my mind. I suppose that's only important for people on the fence, though.

16. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    1080 off a camcorder? Or a actual Dvd direct footage quality rip? Cuz this Is the 1st I've heard of it.

17. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    direct footage from what I hear. there's been images shown on 4chan that are too high quality to have possibly come from a camcorder rip.

18. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a 1080p rip from the actual movie file. Like, theater quality. Looks as good or better than a Blu-Ray.

Rumor is a projectionist leaked it.

19. Primal1987

News Credits:
    If true, I guess a projectionist doesn't want the movie to make money, so he/she leaks the movie on the internet in an attempt to make it unsuccessful so he/she won't have to screen a possible sequel.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol 

20. Primal1987

News Credits:
    20 minutes till showtime.

IMG_1462.JPG