My Little Ponies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GFH, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Welcome to the Ponyhood.

2. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Most of the board IS devoted to TFs, but this is the General 'Everything Else' section. Regardless, avatars and sigs are personal choices/statements and if someone wants to put a Pony in it that's their prerogative (so long as it follows the rules).

--Moony

3. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

GFH, i didn't understand the whole pony thing either but i never brought it up. and as Draven's link showed me i thought of this of the show.

to quote a netflix commercial ''it's so cute, it's stupid."

as draven said "it's pure unadulterated happy"

and as Opticron Primal said, "the show is cute, well written and entertaining."

i might watch the second episode.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
  5. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    now you do

7. PORTER

PORTER energon is just mtn dew

whoops.. i was talking about my little transformer.its a funny show this guy makes and puts on youtube.

i thought that was what were talking about.i relize you guys are actually talking about something else.

8. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Alright:

I think it's pretty awesome actually, being a girl and all, I like rainbows and happy stuff. I also own a couple of My Little Ponies.

Yeah, thanks. :redface2: 

Why is everyone getting mad at me? It was an innocent enough question, I will repeat that I like and own MLPs. I just wanted to know if the show was really good enough that the people here liked it, or if it was a joke, and if the former, where I might catch the show. I realize, however, that I may have sounded hostile, because apperently I sound hostile IRL too.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It was. But your second post was a little derogatory with the whole "I'm here for robots not ponies WTF" and "Grown men talking about ponies" thing.

10. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Heh, heh... possibly yeah. Sorry... I hadn't ment to offend, again, I tend to come off as hostile when I really don't mean too, it's a problem, a fault, that I'm still working on. as for the WTF emoticon, I was more going fo the facial expression, not the sign, think I shoulda picked a different one. I fail at communication.

So now that's over with, I don't get the Hub, where can I find this on a regular basis on my flatscreen?

11. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    If by flatscreen, you mean TV, then you'll probably be out of luck since the Hub is gonna be the only place to find it.

The only way to see it is to either have one of those boxes that allow for internet surfing on your television or to download the episodes and burn them to DVD.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    There are no MLP related thread in any of the forums directly aimed at Transformers, and avatars are a personal choice that in no way impacts on the boards or on anyone else. Not a problem for anyone, really. :) 
    Whu? Unless you used that meme all the time I don't see how my comment would annoy you...?
    No-one's getting mad; it was just your phrasing in your initial post. No harm, no foul. :) 
    As for watching them on a TV - we don't get the Hub in the UK, so what I do is get the episodes from YouTube (there are various download apps available for Firefox that will let you do this) and watch them on our TV through the Xbox 360.

13. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    She has the "Cool Story, Bro" Swindle pic as her avatar. Plus I don't think she was annoyed. Came off more as an "....awkward." type of reaction.

14. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I've been plesantly surprised to see some members here using ponies in their avatars and sig pics more lately. I find some of them quite funny! And i welcome more men appreciating a girls' cartoon, shows open-mindedness imo. I'm finding myself being lead back to the toys I played with as a little girl again!

15. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Quite frankly I see no problem with using pony avatars amongst our members here, I don't see Ponies as being stereotypically girl related either, as a young child I watched re-runs of G1, GIJoe, Jem, Care Bears, My Little Pony, He-Man, She-Ra and everything else that was on at the time. They were not 'Boys Cartoons' and 'Girls Cartoons', they were CARTOONS period, wonderfully entertaining and full of fun and adventure and anything else.

Although as a young boy I will admit to becoming fixated on Transformers as time permited, to such an extent that it is my 'Main' toy collection, I do not exclude other toylines for shows that I enjoy, or just have an urge for.

I'm soon to turn 29 and if I want to collect and comb little ponies' hair, well then dang nabit let me enjoy that in the comfort of my lifestyle, I hurt no one, I lose no manly points for it because after all, it's not like I need to prove how manly I am, and it shows diversity.

Being forever trapped in one rigid collecting stance leaves very little to enjoy or find fun with as time goes on, especially once you've 'completed' your entire collection because you stick to just the one thing.

I find enjoyment in many things, they may be inanimate objects in the long run, but they take away stress and despair in times of hardships, and they are something that one can fall back on when one feels overwhelmed by modern society and her fickle fast-paced ways.

This is my viewpoint on the growing male pony lovers, feel free to disagree with it as you wish. However I think it's rather poignant.

Also, you can't really ignore something so, so... CUTE! *Gushes at Pinkie Pie* Curse you, your songs enchant and remain trapped in my head and your quirky oddball behavior amuses to no end.

And if you can't tell from my Sig, you definitely need to R.E.S.P.E.C.T. the Dress Maker. Rarity scares me.

16. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I LOL'd at the bit i saw

17. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Haven't seen that either...

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    YouTube - mylittletransformer's Channel
    You mean that? It's done by our very own Shibamura Prime. Damn funny it is too.

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ponies can suck it.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I just finished all the aired episodes today.

:D 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.