my life with transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by UltraMarcus28, Feb 21, 2010.

1. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    well i was into it first when i was, ehh 4? and the was the first year of beastwars. then at about the conclusion of armada/beginning of energon i lost the luster because my sister told me i was growing out of toys. i listened lol so my mom GARAGE SALE'D my toys for prolly 2 bucks a pop; my guess is about 150 bucks were made :( .

i missed out on classics, the first movie toys cybertron the "decent" titaniums and the alternators...and then i found out there was a youtube transformer community about 3-4 years ago. and then i found out the rest of the online community. despite finding it, i didnt buy a toy till acid storm in i think fall of '08. now im here with a meager collection of 50ish. whew.

so tell me your story. make it long if you wish. (i wished :p )

2. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Meager? It's the quality, not the quantity.

Most of the "vets" have sold a lot of their Transformers off, as have I. So it's not the collection size, but... erm... what you do with it that counts.

I sold all my Beast Wars last year, and I still think Monkee > Trukk, but I only have movieverse figures, Unicron and 20th Anniversary Prime in my collection.

If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad, right?

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I've been on and off with TF's since I was 2 years old with Skram and Turbofire (and a whole slew of other G1-leftovers, G2 an KO's). I started actually collecting with Universe 1.0 in between Energon and Cybertron.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Shouldn't this be in the TF General Discussion?

I was only familiar with G1 when I was a kid, having 3 episodes from the first season and the 1986 movie on VHS, and playing with the original TFs with my brother, who was the one who got me introduced to TFs. It wouldn't be until the news concerning the filming of the 2007 movie when I really got hooked onto TFs.

The first TFs I bought were Cybertron Primus and Cybertron Deluxe Optimus Prime, back in December of 2006. It wouldn't be until the 07 Movie toys start hitting the shelves that I started to collect TFs practically nonstop.

I doubt that I would lose interest in TFs anytime soon. I pretty much lost interest in a lot of other things I was into before I became practically obsessed with TFs.

5. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Loved the marvel comics and the G1 Cartoon and the toys as a kid.
    Bought the show on dvd, some dreamwave comics and UK trades and stuff since then but not to much and no toys. Visited some newssites (like this one) and read the boards a bit.
    Then in 2006 I decided to buy some old Micromasters on ebay, I always loved those. The seller also had 4 cheap alternators and I thought 'Ive seen those on the boards they look cool, why not?'
    And then I was hooked on alternators/binaltech/Masterpiece.
    Then later on classics/Universe2.0/henkei became the must have toys for me.
    Also dvds and trades and other stuff. I waste to much money on this. I wish I didn't NEED the toys and could just settle for the cartoons, movies and comics.