My laptop keeps giving me a blue screen"memory dump", help?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Jetstorm, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Hey guys, my laptop keeps crashing on me. I keep getting a blue screen and it says it's doing a "memory dump". This is really freaking me out because I haven't downloaded anything weird or done anything wrong with it (I've only had it since May! =/)

I did a Google search but I couldn't really find a good answer, I think it'd be better if I got some first-hand responses.

Has anyone delt with this? I REALLY need help, I don't wanna spend another $1300 to get another laptop, not to mention lose all the stuff I have saved on it.

2. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    I have the same problem for a while too. A solution would be appriciated.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

It's gotten worse. Now I can't even log onto my laptop. It gives me a screen that says "windows is loading files..." and then goes to a screen with just the mouse cursor on it and nothing happens.

I fear it's dead and I've lost everything I had saved on it ;_;

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

nope, it happened to me a long time ago. it was the end of my $2000 dell laptop. your best bet, if you REALLY had some important info that wasn't backed up would be to not turn it on anymore and send it into gillware.com for data recovery. depending on the format and hdd size, it could be up to $800-$1000 for recovery if they have to use a clean room, but as low as $300 if they don't.

5. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

Try to boot it in safe mode with networking (press F8 before the Windows screen), Save the files you need and then do an Anti-Virus scan and Anti-Malware scan

You should also try cleaning the vents and fans, overheating might cause the issue.

Depending on the brand of laptop, There are also recovery options (putting the laptop back to original configuration). This will mean losing everything though, so try to do a backup in safe mode first.