my lack of sleep

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GreednGluttony, Jul 4, 2012.

1. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

i haven't slept in three days, any of you have any ideas why? its not like i'm just staying up all night, ive literally been laying in my bed every night, awake until the sun comes up.

2. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I would go see a doctor if you haven't in a while. I don't think a forum full of robot dorks is going to be all that helpful to you.

3. GreednGluttony

also, ive been takeing sleeping pills, and there not working

4. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    What kind? Again, with the doctor thing.

More helpful "right now" solution. Go for a run. Tire yourself out. Do something active during the day.

5. GreednGluttony

some generic brand

6. GreednGluttony

ive been going for walks the last two days and that hasn't helped

(the back of the sleeping pill container says they contain diphenhyramine hci 25 mg to answer your question you posted on my wall)

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Go see a doctor. Asking questions on a Transformer forum isn't going to get you the answers you need.

8. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

You should try to see your doctor as soon as possible.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have u tried jerking off? Works for me.

10. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

No one can know what is causing your lack of sleep, it could be any number of reasons - health or psychological.

You need a thorough evaluation from a qualified medical health professional. I would recommend that you see one asap - today, actually.

3 days without sleep and you're headed for hallucination territory, my friend. Get the help that you need.

11. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Mr. America

Those sleeping pills you said you're trying, what's in them, melatonin? As others have said, tire yourself out. Take a trip to Hawaii, that'll do the trick. Was tired when I got there, but coming back to Georgia? Once I hit my own bed, I passed out in 5 minutes. Ok, that was a joke, I just felt like mentioning how pooped I was from the time change, LOL. Anyways, marching band - our program is intense, btw - can also do the trick for me. Last year, after making finals for the first time in history at our biggest competition of the year, I passed out in about 5 minutes when I hit the hay. So definitely do something intense, it'll tire your body out enough that you'll sleep like a rock...a very big, heavy rock.

12. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Insomnia is the leading cause of sleep deprivation. Try working out really hard, like not just a walk but a full on work out. Avoid caffeine drink plenty of water and make sure you have a day off and sleep your ass off.

13. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I think after 3 days of no sleeping and being on sleeping pills, exercise might be a bit risky, you don't know what your bodies state is in...You HAVE to see the doctor if you haven't already because this sounds like it is getting serious.

14. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Go to various support groups for cancer patients and the like. In one for testicular cancer you will meet a man. His name is Robert Paulson. Cry into his breasts and you will sleep like a baby.

In all seriousness, other than seeing a doctor like many have also said, try swimming or going to a beach. I'll always be wiped out afterward.

15. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Diphenhyramine, basically an antihistamine. Melatonin is a more effective sleep aid because it's a naturally occuring hormone in the body which regulates circadian rythms, which tell your body when you need to sleep. Popping melatonin is like pushing the "off" button on a device. Using an Antihistamine as a sleep aid isn't very effective as a long-term solution because you can build a tolerance to the drowsiness side-effect within a few days if you're using them on a daily basis.

Both have notable side-effects, so you should consult a doctor before using either regularly.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  16. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd go with the see a doctor thing

17. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Mr. America

It doesn't work THAT well for me...then again, I'm not sure WHAT can calm down my overly active mind...

18. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Hm, I've had a few sleepless nights on melatonin as well. Thing is, melatonin, like most drugs, is not magical. You can't just pop it and expect to drop instantly, you have to make a bit of an effort. Close the blinds, bring the lights down, read, watch TV, whack off, listen to the radio, lie there in perfect silence, (etc.) do whatever helps you sleep. You have to want to sleep. Shut yourself down. I have a seriously overactive mind, so I just sit in the dark and make up stories to bore myself to sleep. It's a bit more fun than counting sheep.

19. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    1. Work out P90X style
    2. Jack off/sex
    3. Drink a lot of beer

Any and all combinations should work.

20. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Alcohol and drugs. Not a good mix. I'm sure you know that already but definitely don't listen to this imbecile.