Minor/Repaint: My Kre-O Optimus Rebuild

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Cortexitron, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

So I finally got around to building the robot mode of my Kre-O Prime, and boy was I dissapointed. As with most of the Kre-O sets, the proportions were all wrong, and he just didn't look right. After rebuilding Megatron using Split Lip's instructions, I knew I had to do something with Prime so they looked decent on the shelf. So I stripped things down to the basic frame, and spent a couple nights doing one limb at a time. The chest was a little tricky, but after fiddling with it I finally got it to look like movie Prime's truck chest. I turned the red pieces around as I think it has more of the firewall look. It was tough getting all the hinged pieces in there to stay, but after fixing it 10 or 20 times I got pretty good at it. I did use some Lego pieces, but mainly for adding details and the backpack. The majority of the figure is done using pieces from the Prime kit.

Attached Files:

2. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That's really good.:thumb 

3. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish we had a thread with all the kreo alternate builds and how to's, t awesome though I built SPLIT LIP's Megatron too and must say that thing is a masterpiece and is it possible to use pieces from the trailer portion instead of adding lego?

4. Cortexitron

I agree, I wish there was one place we could go to, if for nothing else just to look at everyone's rebuilds. There is a Kreo appreciation thread over in the toys forums, maybe we could see about adding to that one.

As for using up the trailer pieces, I totally disassembled it while building Optimus. I tried using on of the side panels as the backpack, but it didn't look right. I did end up using a handful of the trailer pieces in the build though, but nothing that could have replaced the detail parts I used of Legos. Believe me, I tried to keep it all Kre-O, but some pieces had to be off brand...

5. jazzman_78

jazzman_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome. Love the idea of turning the red pieces over for the better firewall look. Have to steal that one. Let's see more.

6. Cortexitron

Here's a couple more rebuilds I did...

This one is the Split Lip Megatron, with an added fusion cannon.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

...and here's my take on Starscream. I think his legs need more work, but he's taller than Megs as it is.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

...and here is a shot of my Sideswipe rebuild along with a touched up Sentinel Prime. I think I'm going to rework Sentinel to look more like the product image from the Kre-O website as it looks better in my opinion.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

7. jazzman_78

jazzman_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That Starscream is sweet. I'm going to have to drop my self-imposed ban on using Lego pieces. The red on Scream and Meg's fusion cannon convinced me. Awesome work, again.