My kleptomania rant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sunstorm9119, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Some of you may remember the problems I had last year with my stepson stealing some of my TF's. Well, he returned them (minus a few pieces), and now he's still at it. A month ago he "borrowed" all 6 of my Star Wars DVDs- his explaination was since I told him he couldn't borrow one of my books, he thought he's just take them and maybe i'd not notice! Then 2 weeks ago he comes over and complains he didn't bring a book with him to read. On saturday I picked up his bag and it was quite heavy. Upon opening it he says he was wrong, and he did bring books with him, but the ones in his bag were my copies of EP 1& 2! Now, the wife has told him repeatedly that this is unacceptable, and I have done everything I can do to punish him, and he still don't get it. When he comes over this time I'm gonna tell him if I find him with one more thing of mine he won't be welcome in my house. It's bad enough he's stealing things, but he also can't even lie about it without insulting my intellegence. He tries to steal my rare Yu Gi oh cards, in spite of the fact they are in new condition and his look like s**t, then all he does is sit there and say "sorry", like that's gonna make it better! I wish he were my son so I could at least whup his butt. Any Thoughts from the parents out there?
    :stick: 

EDIT: I forgot to mention- he's 12 years old

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

My advice is to beat the fuck out of him.

But on a real note, he's clearly got no respect for your authority. He's challenging you as a parental figure with the "you're not my dad attitude" and he thinks he gets away with it because no serious consequences are placed upon him.

So, you have to start thinking of new ways to punish him that will establish your role as an authority figure and let him know that you mean business. That means mom is going to have to pull her weight too. I say steal the kid's shit, see how he likes it. Make him do community service at the local YMCA every time he takes something of yours. Fuck, call up the local PD and see if you can get some cops to come out and scare him a bit.

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

He said it.

Either Mom is being too soft on him, or she doesen't understand the problem properly.

4. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    Stealing his stuff might work. Take his games console or his dvd player. Tell him yours broke, and you thought maybe he wouldn't notice. I bet he'll have fun with your Star Wars movies then.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Dude, after the first time a friend of mine stole one of my things, I never let him into my house again. I'm sorry, but that's not just how I live or interact and I think that's horribly disrespectful. I had a lot of bad blood between my friends for a while afterwards, but I knew he had stolen my CDs from my apartment and was using them at the radio show - the CDs had my "Radio safe" markings all on the CDs and on the cases. On top of that, he kinda made up the same excuses as well. I just said "fuck it" at the start of the whole deal and told him to never come to my place again.

I don't care how close I know someone, if they're stealing material possessions, they can geddafuggout.

6. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    OMG, I agree with Jux.

7. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Yup, that makes sense. I'd say get agressive. If he has some of your belongings, take his videogames or toys and tell him until you get your things back, he's not getting his stuff. And try to get his mom to support that idea too, so he'll feel that he can't get her to defend him when he needs to be punished. If it continues, donate his stuff to goodwill or such. :D 

8. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Well I am on the Ops was a truck side. You should not let this kid in your home. Even though he is family (through your wife), he is a know theaf. Do not allow him over ever again.

9. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Nothing like the sound of a belt clearing belt loops.

10. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

How old is this kid?

11. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I'm all for beating the fuck out of him, like my parents used to do to me and my sister, but in this day and age, some people are far too eager to get the Department of Social Services involved when parents take parenting into their own hands.

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Keep all your stuff in your room, never let the kid in your room when you're there, always lock door when you're not, get a Padlock on the door.

Or, a deterrent idea:-
    1. Get a low voltage battery, with enough power to hurt, but not cause permenant damage to someone.
    2. If you have plastic or wood door handles, replace them with metal ones.
    3. Hook battery up to handle from inside.
    4. Put rubber gloves on and walk out, closing door behind you with rubber gloves for safety.
    5. Once you return, use gloves again to get back in, and disconnect surcuit.

13. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    To those of you who said not to let him over again, Bad idea. That's the childs mother that sunstorm9119(don't know your name)is with and it's gonna cause problems between them. It's pretty much putting her in a position where she has to choose. And if she's a "REAL" mother she will choose her son.

The best thing to do is first all of you guys have a talk together. If that doesn't work, take his things, if that doesn't work, find a kid his age,pay the kid to beat the hell out of him and act like you didn't know. Act as if your "coming to his rescue". He'll respect you more.

14. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I saw just tell him he's not welcome in your home.

15. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I'd kick his ass.
    Unfortunatley these days you get locked up for that, so I'd settle for never letting him in again. If it causes problems with his mother then so be it. I'd rather be alone than let some brat walk all over me because if his mother is letting him do that she doesn't respect you enough.

16. butz

butz slippery when wet

Steal his stuff, right in front of him. See how he likes it.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yes how old is he? I think a boot camp might do him a world of good...

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You want the wife on your side? Put some jewelry of hers in the kid's bag, stuff she'd notice was missing. When she notices, tell her to ask her thief son what happened to it, and see that she finds it in his bag. THEN she'll take this problem seriously and you'll have a united front in dealing with it.

19. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

So you want him to combat stealing and lying with more stealing and lying?

20. Hollowpoint

Hollowpoint Well-Known Member

You know, I still don't remember the first time I got caught stealling. The beating was that bad. And I tell ya, I never did it again.

But that beating was 25 years ago. And I deserved it. What I did was wrong and I now know better. Today is not a good time for physical punishment. People today think it is wrong because they all grew up saying "i will never do that to my kids when I grow up" after they but a nice buttwhoopin' for doing something stupid.