My kid's take on the Transformers movie robot designs...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

So, I thought it might be fun this morning to show my older two sons the design pics from the Transformers movie, here's their take.

Optimus Prime:

Isaac (10): He looks like a bionical, but he's cool looking.
    Jacob (8): He's got a HUGE gun!!

Bumblebee:

Isaac (10): His face reminds me of (cybertron) Scrapmetal
    Jacob (8): Bumblebee's head looks strange, he looks like he would eat your brain in your sleep

Blackout:

Isaac (10): He's awesome!!!
    Jacob (8): I want the toy of him!
    Isaac (10): NO! I want the toy of him, I like Transformers better, so I get him!

Starscream:

Isaac (10): He looks like Waspinator, he's really awesome.
    Jacob (8): I want that toy! He has machine guns for hands!!!

Megatron:

Isaac (10): That's Megatron? He looks like he would eat your soul, I like him.
    Jacob (8): He's awesome, does he eat people?

So, there you have it, good or bad, that's my kids' take. Generally positive.
    I thought this might be interesting because they have only really been into Transformers since RID, and might not have some of the same notions as we might about what Transformers "should look like.

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

"Isaac (10): That's Megatron? He looks like he would eat your soul, I like him.
    Jacob (8): He's awesome, does he eat people?"

:lol  that's awesome man.

I've been showing the pics to my friends and my gf(many of which aren't as big into Transformers) and I think the overall reaction has been, yeah they're different than what they remeber, but look really cool.

3. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Kids are going to love the movie and in the end. The old fans and new fans will love it. Besides, if you have kids you probally allready know you are most likely going to have to take them. Kids love new stuff and new movies, especially with violence and giant robots.. I also have been showing some of my friends who are all in there 20s. Most people think they are awesome. Even the chicks think this will be fun to go see. If chicks like it, kids like it. Thats allright, especially the chicks. One thing though, peeps say Megatron looks crazy evil, but I think they like that..

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a scientific fact that Blackout is pure hotness.

5. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I tried the same experiment with my mom, she generally prefers the old style look. My brother hates them all and just laughed at the notion of live action Transformers.

6. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    It would be erally interesting to post the opinion of peolpe not so involved in Tf's so we could get a more neutral opinion for the movie.

I recently showed the pics to my wife, who obviously know about TF's but mostly since Energon/Superlink and she enjoyed all the designs specially OP, she said Megatron was superb but she didin't look like Megatron or a Transformers even.

A friend of my job who is a real fan of BW (he asked me why they "changed" the symbols of the maximals for the movie he he he) was absolutelu impressed and satisfied with all mold, specially Scorponok and Incinerator. He thinks Megatron is absolutely incredible and looks like a real assasin.

7. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    This really drives home what Murphy and the rest of the crew had been saying: they're making a TF movie for everyone, not just TF fans. Lord knows X-men changed some stuff, but i'll be damned if it didn't come off as a big hit for everyone.

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    This movie will be a blockbuster and make tons of cash, spawning sequel after sequel.

And 9 out of every 10 "haters" (people who hate the movie just to hate it) will jump on board the "OMG THAT WAS SEX" bandwagon after it's released.

9. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

So how much is Don Murphy "donating" to the forums these days...?

10. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

My big sister (who is near 40 with three kids of her own) saw the designs and she fell in love with Bumblebee (yes, chicks dig the Bee') all over again.

She found Megatron to be awe-inspiring and she whas gaga over Prime.

She's definitly coming with me to see it now. :) 

I'm so looking forward to it. The only thing that could possibly make me not want to see it is a gas leak at the cinema. At best.

11. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Not enough, I still haven't got my cut...

But "Megatron eats you soul"? Priceless!

12. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Good to hear non TF fans or at least ones that have not been with since the beginning, or casual fans, opinions. Sometimes Big time fans are too caught up and think they knew everything and everything good for their particular obsession that they can not see their own ignorance.

13. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Wow, that was 100% not necessary.

14. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    4 figures, all to me. Everyone else is just acting on a private invitation I made where I'd pass one of the 4 figures to whoever impressed myself and The Don the most.

15. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think Kickbacks comments are entirely possible. The first X-Man movie took all sorts of heat on the net about the changes to the costume and story and it still had two sequels and made a truck load of money. We the “transfans” are going to the be minority seeing the movie. It will be the people who haven’t followed Transformers since they where kids or people that just want to see the big summer action movie of the week that will decide if the movie is a success.

16. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    My 8 year old son is pretty excited about the movie designs. Prime and Starscream are his top favorites.

17. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Lets face it, if the designs that TF fans are all gung ho about are so hot, there would've been a live action TF film already. Nothing gets to the silver screen without some kind of change, lets just hope that the changes are like the type in LOTR, so good that you don't even notice it.

18. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh Kittie, you do go on.

Also, to answer your question, about 2 - 3 litres of jelly per day. Uh, let me roughly translate that for y'all: about 2 - 3 gallons of jello per day.

19. GundamHeavyArms

GundamHeavyArms Zippity Doo Dah

When you say it will make tons of cash, are you saying that in reference to how much I make a year on my college student income or are you referencing how much movies make. Generally bad movies made 50 or so million and in reference to me, thats a lot of dough, but when you reference it to the 600 mill that Titanic made, it makes it seem like chump change.

20. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Iam not to sure how old your kids are or your age, but if that is true then that is pretty funny, but I would need some more proof ........

Thats is cool thought that you let your id's decide.